I Get My Live Rock Today :)

nanoreef

Well i have made up my mind iam going to go and get my live rock today is there any suggestions when iam picking it out :happy:

woodymdt

Get what you like...what you will be satisfied with.
if you look at Gulf rock, the mussels are fun to watch, but if you get too many rocks with mussels on them, you'll have a difficult time stacking them. (personal experience).
:jumping:

monalisa

Also, what I've had to consider is the size of my tank...but I'm sure you knew that...
What fun!!
Lisa :happyfish

A

andretti

Ever thought of making your own? :notsure: There are several of us on this site whom exchange recipies for diy live rock. Yes you do need some rock from the ocean, (to seed your homemade rock) but the rest you can make yourself. Not only will it save you big$$$$ but it will also save the enviornment as well. You can make your own for LESS THAN A DIME PER POUND!. Go to the "DIY" section and look up "making bulk live rock" Read all of SCOTT9311's stuff; hes's a genius. I've made about 350 pounds of the stuff. Some I keep for my two tanks, the other stuff I sell to my lfs. Try it, it's super fun. It cost about $18.00 for all the raw materials, which will yield about 15-200lbs of rock.

malounsbury

15-20, or 15-200?
I thought about doing this, but it wouldn't be economical for my size tank because its only 12ga. But when I get my larger tank when we move I'm going to plan on doing that.