I got a chuckle out of this....

stpabr

NEMO UPDATE: Children alert, Don't let your kids save your fish!!
Flushing fish doesn't lead to sea
Flushing 'Nemo'
COSTA MESA, California (AP) -- Kids be warned: Flushing your pet fish down the drain will not send it safely into the ocean as depicted in the new computer-animated movie by Disney and Pixar "Finding Nemo."
A company that manufactures equipment used to process sewage issued a news release Thursday warning that drain pipes do lead to the ocean -- eventually -- but first the fluid goes through powerful machines that "shred solids into tiny particles."
"In truth, no one would ever find Nemo and the movie would be called 'Grinding Nemo,"' wrote the JWC Environmental company, which makes the trademarked "Muffin Monster" shredding pumps.
In the unlikely event Nemo survived the deadly machines, the company added, he would probably be killed by the chlorine disinfection.
:eek:

sammystingray

kiddow, remember 101 dalmations? need I say more.....these are idiot adults that do these things....little kids don't have cash or plastic, but probably know about as little about keeping saltwater fish as the moron adults who will buy them for a goldfish bowl..,....it just came out, so we'll have to wait a few to see if any results occur.

infalable

Nuts, i guess I better not flush my dalmation down the toilet. Hmmm, may I can....I havent seen any warnings about it.
Must have been a slow news day. I guess that ranks up there along with the directions for coffee service sugar that states "add desired amount". Without that help I may not have known what to do.

fshhub

Originally posted by killafins
Sammy, what happened after 101 dalmations???

people bought dalmation pups right up, most of which they did not want after few months.
the high demand, led breeders to become even more greedy, leading ot more in-brreding and with dalmations, lineage is important. Easily could be health problems at risk. Not to mention over crowded shelters.

mistylab

Originally posted by killafins
Sammy, what happened after 101 dalmations???

People all went out and bought these dogs unaware of the special requirments for them, such as the great demand for them resulted in inbreeding, which is one reason alot of these dogs are deaf(and also they were already, that's why they could be around the sirens and noises in firefighting)
So alot of them were dumped and ended up being put to sleep, its a shame, they are such magnificent animals when provided with the right conditions.

shep

has anyone actually seen the movie?
I am still trying to con my wife into going with me...if not I will rent a kid from a friend.

killafins

ahh, that is sad.
I heard something about that but i thought u guys were takling about something else.
Like some drunk people trying to make coats out of dalmations or something. I dunnol... that's y i asked...