I got a rat!!!

t316

Coincidence....I got a rat at the store today too, but not as a pet, but to feed my Python...
Such is the circle of life.

keri

Aww, he's very cute. I've had many rats over the years (as pets and feeders) and currently have 1 hairless rat and a little colony of African Soft Fur Rats (which are not rats or mice at all!) I recommend rats as pets, especially for kids over hamsters any day.
Elma, an ASF

You should get your little guy a buddy, they are very social especially if introduced early.

reefraff

Rat Boy, thats what I call my son

Was watching Married with children and Kelly called Bud that and I just kinda went with it.

flower

I had rats as a kid. My mother was very tolerant.
When I was a kid I didn't know this... rats are incontinent. They pee constantly. You can't see it until you shine florescent light on it. I know it is true of wild rats, but I am not positive about the pet ones.
You might want to look into it before you let him crawl around on you before work. Had my mother known about this I would have not been allowed a rat as a pet.

ironeagle2006

Until I read this thread I was thinking a Big Block Chevy. Sorry I am a gear head ok I hear mouse I think 350 Chevy Rat to me means 454 or Larger of Chevy motor. I pefer my Parakeets to rats.

petjunkie

Rats need friends, they are too social to be alone, go get him another male rat to keep him company. I have mice but they are feeders for my ferrets and snake.

gypsana

He is very cute! I have had numerous rats as pets in the past. I absolutely loved them. The only down side is their life span, I got way too attached and they only live for a few years. When I was a teenager I had one that went everywhere with me.

lil.guppy

Yea I was reading into more even though the lady at the store said I should just get one, but he looked depressed so I went out and got another one. He is solid white.