I Got Him!!!

inawe

Thanks to all the encouraging words, I bought my LMB! :cheer: He is sssooo cute! My daughter and I wanted the name Grinning Glynn, but my DH wanted George... so he is Gorgous George! As soon as he went in, everyone had to come investigate the "new kid in the tank"! He wasn't sure he really liked Pepe LePew the cleaner shrimp messing with him, but doesn't care now. Didn't take long before he jumped down to a rock and started eating. It kind of startled me at first, the way he "hit" it so hard. But the real shock came when he started "hitting" the glass. At first I thought I had an attack LMB!
Looked like he was trying to get at me! When he moved to the side glass, I realized he was getting some of the slime algae.!
Thanks, ya'll!

krazekajin

dumb question. What is DH (designated Hitter).
Anyways, congrats on the new addition. I love the interaction that we have with our fish.

inawe

DH is dear husband. And fish are ssooo cool! I've only had my tank a few months, but wanted one for 25 years...this is the best thing in the house! I wanted it for it's beauty, but never dreamed I'd see so much personality...from the shrimp dancing upside down hanging from the rock to the lazy PJ cardinal, with all the others in between...awesome!

reefkprz

cant wait to see some pictures.... hint, hint.

congrats on your LMB. they are fun fish. mine eats from my fingers and perches on my hand when I'm messing around in the tank.

anonome

Congrats on your lawn mower, mine is definately the "class clown". It is really neat to not clean the glass for a day with the magna float only to see his lips on the glass! It's a hoot. Here is mine, always upfront and center. In fact, he is the only fish that I have named.....Barkley. So here is Barkley.

ldb007

I just got one yesterday too!! I LOVE him!!! I also got a scooter blenny too, they are my absolute FAVORITE!!!!! :joy:

inawe

On the food thing, I was worrying for nothing. He loves the Omega One with garlic (bumped into Bubbles to get the last bite fluttering down) and is OK with the Seaweed Salad.
I will start posting a few pics when I learn how to resize them AND how to attach.

anonome

That's great that your LMB likes prepared fish food. Mine still will not even try the food for the fish. He pretty much eats off of the glass for his food. I have had him for 2 months and not a bit interested in the prepared food. He seems content with the glass walls for now.

reefkprz

here is a great tool for resizing
http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
once resized just click manage attacments then click browse (if you used pix resizer look in "modified pictures" folder) then doule click the image you want to up load the pathname will apear in the bar click upload. keep in mind the image is supposed to be 500x500 or smaller.
heres my blenny

saltn00b

hooray for LMBs :cheer:
be careful , they have been known to jump ship, so you should look into covering your tank if it is not already covered.
here are some pics i found, 2 might not be mine so no one flame me.