!!!i got my clowns!!!

newbieabc

i just got some clowns today.
it's normal for them to sleep on the sand right?
well tell me what you think.
!!!THE THREE AMIGOS!!!

alyssia

You do realize that clownfish have to be in pairs and that eventually two of them will gang up on the third and kill it, right? You'll also can't have more than one pair in a tank unless it's a really large tank.

nudilove

I agree Alyssia.
Two of the clowns will bully and finally kill their tankmate, return the medium sized one and keep the largest and the smallest. That way it will be easier for the larger one to turn female and become dominant.

fishieness

this will almost always happen, but sometimes with ocellarus clowns, it is possible to keep 3 of them. The 3rd one will not always be killed, but it does happen, so i would return it, at least for store credit.
great choice by the way :joy:

laddy

If your tank is big enough I'd go in the opposite direction and get two more. One will become the dominant female, one will become the male, and the other three will remain juviniles.

alyssia

Originally Posted by Laddy
If your tank is big enough I'd go in the opposite direction and get two more. One will become the dominant female, one will become the male, and the other three will remain juviniles.

Cool....I did not know that.

mythrenody

Originally Posted by Laddy
That would be awsome!