I got my feather duster!!

zoie2

He had 2 crowns when I got him at the pet store, but now he only seems to have one. Has he not fully opened yet? Here is a picture the night I brought him home. (I aclimated him for a little more than two hours).

During the night he fell down a little, but I couldn't move him because he has already attached himself. He can still open all the way and seems to like it there.

Here is a close up.

I love it!!!

lemon drop

He is beautiful! I have one myself and enjoy him very much. It looks like you also have a bubble coral and some brown zoos. I have those as well. Good luck with your new purchase!

stephish

Beautiful! I absolutely adore feather dusters and have nice chunck or lr reserved at the lfs with 3 of them on it, 2 like yours and the third is white and light pinkish. I would love a Christmas Tree feather duster!

zoie2

I've never heard of a Christmas tree feather duster. I will have to look that one up.

shrmnator

that was shortly after i got my halides.. pic is a little old, but that rock is still jammin.. the white is bleached coraline.. its all purple now!

shrmnator

Originally Posted by zoie2
That really is a wierd rock.

it kinda goes with some of my wierd type corals such as the elephant skin and the spiny cup pectinia..

J

jesses89

Zoie,
If you have a small piece of rock(size of your finger?) lying around in your tank... put it under the Duster and lean it on it... thats what i did with mine and they have no problem staying up right... solid.
as for the crowns... feather dusters sorta shed/throw their crowns? maybe it had two when you got it because it was getting ready to shed its old one.

zoie2

Thanks for the info. It sounds lilke that's probably what happened. It is doing good and I have moved things around a little. Sometimes it looks like it has two seperate crowns, like this 00. It's really cool.