I got my tank !!!!!

rlv695

well guys i just picked up a 75 gal tank and cab. stand only for 95.00
wemt to look at it.....was a very very bad section of neighborhood...in another city.. wanted 175.00...talked him down though,
i think he want mony for ...umm lets say illeagle stuff...lol my gain though

rlv695

i know it dont leak... i had to empty it... i had to sell off the 10"pacu and 10" alge eater it had in it.. they went to lfs for 15.00 worth of credit. they are both better off now... the tank and water where beyound in a need of a change...next pay comes a trickle filter,, then a starter set up the lfs has for salt water,

mr . salty

What starter setup?? Explaine what he's selling you as a start up. Just want to make sure he's not taking advantage of you. I never bought a "START UP KIT" and have done well. Both 40gal,and 125gal,up and running with no "start up kit. Soak your new tank with an extremly diluted bleach water mix for a day or two before you start anything. Then rince the hell out of it with fresh water.....STEVE

fubr

Use baking soda to clean your tank. It wont affect the Ph levels of the tank as they are both close.....baking soda is the stuff to use

-fubs

mr . salty

OK, he must sell it at a discount if you buy it all together. Baking soda DOES affect the PH. It is used to adjust the PH in an emergancy.....STEVE

tjswanson

I use baking soda all the time to keep my ph where it belongs (does a hell of a job too) I have been using it for about 2-3 months and had no problems yet.

fubr

Do u use it to increase or decrease? I was told it would be close to the ph or something for the saltwater tank and that it was better to use it than bleach. How do you add it in? With your water change?
-Josh