I guess I'll die......

cranberry

I swallowed a fly. I don't know why I swallowed a fly....
I actually did just swallow a house fly, but that's not my question, just a reminder. It was inside my coffee cup and by the time I saw it, it was to late.... it was in motion. I'm still kind of disgusted.
We're having a problem with little flies. They are a little bigger than fruit flies. Cannot be seen at all in the daytime. Only come out at night and are very attracted to light. They don't fly in the air really at all.... they just fly and land around the lights on the ceiling and fly into my computer screen. Their turn around is short. There is a million dead in the morning. The morning cleanup is ticking me off.
I do have a lot of bromeliads, if that's relavent.
Anyone have a direction to push me in for further research?
I swear I still feel the fly.... I'm afraid to burp O.O

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///t/388214/i-guess-ill-die#post_3422103
I swallowed a fly. I don't know why I swallowed a fly....
I actually did just swallow a house fly, but that's not my question, just a reminder. It was inside my coffee cup and by the time I saw it, it was to late.... it was in motion. I'm still kind of disgusted.
We're having a problem with little flies. They are a little bigger than fruit flies. Cannot be seen at all in the daytime. Only come out at night and are very attracted to light. They don't fly in the air really at all.... they just fly and land around the lights on the ceiling and fly into my computer screen. Their turn around is short. There is a million dead in the morning. The morning cleanup is ticking me off.
I do have a lot of bromeliads, if that's relavent.
Anyone have a direction to push me in for further research?
I swear I still feel the fly.... I'm afraid to burp O.O
LOL...They sound like fruit flies to me, just fat healthy ones...LOL maybe it's the coffee :)
I did a quick google and found this....

A passion for bromeliads

THIS WEEK'S SPOTLIGHT - HOWARD FRANK

November 11, 2007|By Kumari Kelly, Sentinel Staff Writer
Howard Frank is a University of Florida researcher who has spent years on a quest to save Florida's native wild bromeliad population. Since 1989, a pest called the Mexican "evil weevil" has been charging through the state. The defender of the bromeliad is a Honduran insect called the franki fly -- named after Frank -- which lays its eggs in the weevil's body, destroying it. With a British accent and an adventurer's spirit, Frank travels to the remote jungles and mountains of Central America to find flies and other insects for his work. Frank paused recently from his expeditions to discuss his mission and his fascination with plants and insects with Sentinel reporter Kumari Kelly.

cranberry

They're not fruit flies as they don't have the same behavior/mannerisms. I wouldn't even know they were around except for their dead bodies on the counter in the morning.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///t/388214/i-guess-ill-die#post_3422103
I swallowed a fly; I know not why.
In my cup it sat, this little fly, in broad daylight; I know not why.
It flits and flutters about the night, normally by my monitor's light.
My houseplant should have provided it's 'fuge, instead it found my cup of brew.
I swallowed a fly; I know not why...
*BURP*
Fixed

slice

It almost sounds like you are experiencing a midge hatch. How close is a body of water? Especially a small moving bit of water?

al&burke

It is probably one of those import bugs that are reeking havoc on everything in this part of the world.

lovethesea

yuck is right.
Oh, man, I would be "feeling" that thing in my tummy. (hopefully it didn't lay eggs.....just a thought) ; )

cranberry

We do indeed have a garbage disposal, but I'm also finding them dead in another set of windows. We also have a lemon tree so we always throw lemons dow the disposal for freshness.
On a good note, there was 2/3 less numbers last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/388214/i-guess-ill-die#post_3422314
Are you finding the bugs in the kitchen the most? Do you have a garbage disposal?

T

tizzo

A friend of mine said that some kind of strange fly kept breeding in her bird food. If you have any pets check their food. I don't know where you live but my guess is that they may be coming in for the heat, but I they show up day after day, you gotta find the nest...
If only we knew somebody who was good with pics.. OH WAIT, lol
Post a pic so we can see what we can see with your new found flying friends.

T

tizzo

Maybe???
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061116154114AAZAFhN