I hate Aiptasia.

mebigloser

Just removed each piece of live rock and tooth brushed scrubbed each one of the little burgers off. What a job. Here is the tank about an hour after reset. I do have about 6 left that I will try the Kalkwasser paste on.. I had way too many to use the paste first time around. The tank is still a little upset in these pictures.

mebigloser

My tank was getting covered with them. I tried everything but the Kalk, was afraid you use it.. Tank is running great chemistry wise, so i saw in someones thread that Bang guy suggested the toothbrush method. I used it and probably got rid of 3/4 of them. I wish all saltwater inhabitants were that hardly.

N

nanoambiance

DerrickT
A copperband? Explain? I am now encountering the problem as well. Haven't decided what to do (but shrimps are out because of a hawkfish). They are on some base rock so I can't pull the rock out to wash it or anything. Whatever I do, it will be IN the tank while everything.
If they sting fish, what behaviors do they exhibit. I have a clown that they wouldn't bother, but does its sting hurt a tang, wrasse, or hawkfish?

sheree

>>>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes: <<<<<<<<<<<
I have a 10 gal Aiptasia tank.
Well...they arent THAT ugly, and no harm if you contain them.

mebigloser

It was not that they are ugly, I probably had over 50 of the little dudes, and once they get spreading you almost can't stop them. Starts off with one, then 10, 30 ect.ect

S

synyster11

I would say I have well over 500 in my tank. I have 2 peppermints that are doing nothing and I have for the most part gave up. I removed a piece of live rock the other day that was so covered you could almost not even see the rock.

nerdy

500 is a little overwhelming for just 2 peppermint shrimp. They can control the problem if the problem is not completely out of hand like yours. You need to manualy get rid of them.

firefightersmom

Here is a picture...not a very good one
http://www.viewoftheocean.net/html/f...tomentosu.html
This guy clean out two tanks for me. I never got the aptasia back in either tank. I was worried what he would eat when the tank was cleaned...but he loved frozen food. Very friendly personality...always wanting to see whats going on. They aren't very pretty...a brown/beige color.
I purchased after reading an article by Juliun Sprung (sp) He was healthy and lived for a couple of years...but then got killed when my tank heater blew

marinemarty

Are these filefish reef safe?? Also will it get along with other Comm. fish? And what is it's full scientific name. Thanks again
Might have to get one :)
Martin