I HATE my Eclipse system.....

ryebread

I have a 29 gallon reef with the stupid Eclipse top. I have already maxed out the lighting capabilities....I think. I am wondering if I should take off the Eclipse top and get a new canopy. If so, what should I get? What should I expect to spend? Should I go with a skimmer?

You save my money. :p
By the way I do not think your wife will kill you for overspending as long you supply her the diamonds!:D

crablegs

Is it currently set up as a reef tank? Have you upgraded to PC's already? I would think 30-40 lbs of LR and a good, fairly small skimmer would do a lot better than the Eclipse. Do you have any LR now?

ryebread

I have the tank set up as a reef. It has about 25lbs of live rock in it. I have not upgraded to power compacts because the lights won't fit into an eclipse top. Thats why I want to get rid of the top.

josh

Hi,
Well you could just remove the top all together and get a pendent, then hang it from the celieng. As far as the skimmer, I just run a bakpak on mine. With a few mods it does the job.

vanlerdarklight

At my LFS there are a type of PC that fit into a eclipse hood if you really wanted to go that route. I think they are a smart PC or something like that i can post it tomorrow cause i think i am stopping by the store. But i would say you need a skimmer on the tank you would be supprised at what it pulls out of the tank. HTH

frankl15207

You can buy retrofit PC units that will fit into Eclipse hoods. I know Custom Sealife makes them. I'm sure there are others that do too.

m1rodrig

I have the kit and it is awesome.It is designed to fit in the hood and you can even cover the bulbs with the plastic cover.The bulb is half aticnic and half 10000k.It is made by custom sealife