I hate my roomate!

girlina4x4

ARGHH! Im sooo over it! I called my parents and they are going to look into how to get out of my lease

B is such a brat, Jeremy had a box with his name on it in our living room (stuff to sell on CL) and she FREAKED OUT. calm down, its a box. The dirty looks are never-ending now

maryg

Tell her if she does not like it SHE should leave. She is the one with the problem. Why should you give up your space. Talk to the apartment manager and see what your rights are. Maybe you can sub-lease your half to her boyfriend and get the heck out of dodge.

girlina4x4

Well, I know we are not allowed to sublease, I asked when we first moved in. Earlier today we came to the solution to split the bill evenly three ways. Fine, thats fair. Then I texted her "so since we are splitting the rent evenly, Jeremy will be able to have a key and be there when Im not, right?", and a few minutes later, she calls me and says "I talked to my dad and he says no. He doesn't want a strange guy living with us. He can stay 3 or 4 nights a week and can't shower or do laundry here".
The only way to get out of our lease is if both roomates decide to leave. Well I cant wait to leave, but she doesn't have any where else to go (doesnt want to live her bf) and doesnt have any friends left in town. Now Im thinking, Jeremy and I will just get a place together, and I will continue to pay the 500 rent, but not cable or utilities. I would have an apartment manager check the place when I moved out in case B damaged anything after I left.

girlina4x4

Originally Posted by MaryG
http:///forum/post/2878934
Tell her if she does not like it SHE should leave. She is the one with the problem. Why should you give up your space. Talk to the apartment manager and see what your rights are. Maybe you can sub-lease your half to her boyfriend and get the heck out of dodge.
I dont mind moving though. This is a really nice place and all, but if I was on a 1st floor, I could set up the 90 gallon I have in storage and maybe get a backyard for the dog! Heck, I could finally get a cat! (B hates cats)

mimzy

Originally Posted by Girlina4x4
http:///forum/post/2879003
Now Im thinking, Jeremy and I will just get a place together, and I will continue to pay the 500 rent, but not cable or utilities. I would have an apartment manager check the place when I moved out in case B damaged anything after I left.
I think this idea is top-drawer. and make sure you get everything IN WRITING from the apt manager when you move out.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2879133
I think this idea is top-drawer. and make sure you get everything IN WRITING from the apt manager when you move out.

How long are you going to end up paying 500 bucks. Because that sucks. I'd tell her she is a psyco and she needs to take over the lease. Then go talk to her dad, and let him know she is
in the shower so everyone can hear with "strange boys" might as well have fun with it.

renogaw

correct, personal comments/attacks are not needed, even if they are in support of someone here. please refrain in the future