I have 7.3 watts per gallon, what can I keep?

peanut1181

Subject says it all... I have 7.3 watts per gallon (2x55w PC on a 15g nano) and I would like to know what I can keep with that amount of light. Somebody out there has to be a genius and knows all the answers, so share the wealth! :) Thanks.
Peanut1181

peanut1181

Thank you very much for the response Jon-Paul. I appreciate the help! Does anyone out there disagree, or is that about right? Thanks fellas.
Peanut1181

katara

I agree w/Jon-Paul,I have frogspawn,a hammer,fox corals,yellow cup,even a red closed brain.and lots of cool shrooms & I only have 2x96 watts of pc's(not for long though)However my advice would be not to even attempt any kind of clam(no matter how tempting) w/out looking into much stronger lighting(mh's).Good luck.

bang guy

I agree with Jon-Paul. The limiting factor for you is going to be floor space and water quality. Keep in mind that many LPS have some seriously long sweepers that can kill from many inches away.
Be sure to send a pic once you get set up :)

entice59

check out what i have in my tank, with the exception of the acro(which i am going to give away soon to someone). My thread "my 15 gallon" has some corals you might to think about.

peanut1181

Wow, thanks everyone! The tank is 24x12x12 (LxWxH) so I should be ok with those lights I think, agreed?
Peanut1181

overanalyzer

Yes - and if you cram enough PC up there you would not be too limited - check out Brooklyn Johnnies nano thread. I think a lot of other factors aside form light go into keeping corals succesfully. Also - be mindful of how much space you really need as bang guy states - ALSO - be aware that some softies sting as well - I have one mushroom that has killed off a neighboring mushroom ....

brooklyn johnny

Peanut as mentioned before what's more appropriate to mention is the appropriate corals for your experience level rather than your light. Take your time and stick to hardier corals up front. You still have a wide range to choose from. Enjoy it and have patience! Keep us updated and look for local reefers there in Harrisonburg.
Johnny