i have a few questions

angel4evr

I an not familliar to caring for a salt water tank. i am interested in buying one though. can somone please help me. :help:

lion_crazz

I would be glad to help you.
The first thing you need to decide is how big of a tank you would like. In saltwater, the bigger the tank is always the better. When you have a bigger tank, you can put a lot more into the tank, and the water is much more stable. However, the only bad thing is that it is more expensive. The first thing you should know about this is hobby is that it is an expensive one.
Before actually setting up a tank, I would make sure you ask TONS of questions, do a good bit of reading, and make sure you know what you are doing before jumping right into it.
You are certainly in the right place!
Ask away! There are a ton of HIGHLY intelligent people on these message boards.

angel4evr

a medium tank would do good. I'm going to be moving soon and dont want to have to move such a big tank. what do u recomed for begginers?

lion_crazz

I would probably look into doing either a 55 or 75. They are always good medium, beginner tanks.
I started on a 75 years ago and felt that was a good tank to begin on. It allowed room for error, and still gave me the opportunity to have a wide selection to stock the tank.

S

sombra7740

What types of fish would i be able to put in there? Any shrimp crabs and coral.
types of fish depend on what type of tank, reef, fish only passive or fish only agressive, so basicly what other fish/inverts you want to keep. (ie if you want a trigger then no hermits/snails) there are lots of combinations youll have to figure out by reading the articles on here and other sites. read, read, read...
shrimp/crabs/corals also depend on the animals pourpous (some eat certain types eat algae, some clean sand, some clean fish etc), light, water conditions/temps, and compatbility with fish/inverts.
compatability is one thing you can research while your tank is cycling. but you should figure out what fish/corals you want and how much live rock to buy. your lighting is going to dictate the corals you can keep.

angel4evr

i was thinking about fire shrimps, royal grammas, some clown fish, hermits, and so decorator crabs.

ginarox

i hope the best for you , i am new too, but i have guy that designes them and maintenances them, and he has helped me tremendously, if it wasnt for him i wouldnt be able to have a saltwater aquriam , cause i dont have the first clue about setting one up, but this guy has set me up a 125 gallon aquriam and yes it is very expensive, but i truely enjoy it, lots of time you can go to your local saltwater aquriam and ask if they know of ,or if they help set up a saltwater aquriam. will good luck to you angel4evr. if you have any questions just give me a message...ginarox

nigerbang

One of the most important things to NOT do is cut corners. If you cheap out in the start thinking that you can always upgrade..sometimes it doesnt work that way...It comes out cheaper in the end to just wait and save the money for the right lighting, filter, etc..instead of one that will "just hold you over"