I have a Flame Angel on hold

b_ball12_99

Went to lfs today and saw they had gotten a new flame angel finally! Sad to say it had ick. Went to the owner and he said they had all those tanks under copper treatment right now. He said that flame angel got left at the pier longer and has had a rough ride/day. I told him if it got over the ick I wanted it. So he put it on hold for me. Now I only have to wait and see if it pulls through and if it does its mine!

adam6883

I just got my first flame angel just over 2 weeks ago. After a rough couple days hes now doing GREAT. I've since added a BEAUTIFUL red sea purple tang who is his best buddy. They swim around all day looking for food. Good Luck! peace
-adam

adam6883

DO get the purple tang. He is AWESOME. It took me a few monthes to find one I really liked though. A lot of the ones locally had stress marks across their faces and suffered from discoloration. The one I got came out of the SHOW CASE from the LFS. He was in their for 6 monthes and is perfect. He is from the red sea and has brilliant coloration and markings. I got him for $70, what I consider a steal for a RED SEA purple tang. Hes my new joy :)

nasukan

I hope your purple tang is not very big and you are planning on upgrading to at least a 75 pretty soon. Tangs especially the purple can be agressive and small tanks usually make fish more irritable, and a tang needs more than 45 gallons of water to live a comfortable life. If you don't believe me make a post: "I've got a purple tang in a 45" and see what kind of responses you get. I hope I didn't offend you, or disappoint you too much. Good luck it is a great fish. ;)

matt dowdney

I'd have to agree with the tang and a 45. Tangs are neet but few people see them full grown. Fish stores don't keep them long enough for people to understand just how large they get. I have a sailfin in my 46 and I know that within a couple months he will be gone :( . But you are more than welcome to give it a shot. Just remember that it's not fair to strain an animal for your own personal satisfaction and entertainment.

adam6883

please see my other post. I am soon upgrading to a 125 gallon. I do however think the purple tang is fine where he is now. He is only about 2.5 inches long. The LFS had him in their showcase for nearly two years so I'm guessing his size wont double in the near future. And if so, I will have the 125 up and runnign by then. Thanks for your concern!
-adam :cool:

nasukan

I know someone who has multiple tangs in a 125, at least 4.( I don't agree with that many in any size tank) So that should be great. I hope to upgrade when I move. Theres a 300 gallon at my LFS that I would take out a personal loan to get.

moga

Flame angel has been very hardy fish for me..
color and characteristic just got me into this fish.
I have purple tang with him and yeah they get along really well.
First time, Tang was very protective and nipping flame for few days, but that was it..
i got small purple tang around 3' and 2.5' flame in my 55G tank.
Good luck with it?
how much you pay for it?
i pay for this flame around 20 dollar(bargain isn't it?)
tang for 49.99
[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: moga ]

b_ball12_99

Went by the lfs yesterday to check on the flame angel. he still has some ick but it looked better than before. Looks like he will pull through :)