i have a new id for you guys

salt0727

My tank has been running a few weeks now and I just noticed these things on some of my live rock. They look like tiny red orange bumps with clear little spikes or arms coming out with white dots on the ends, I tried getting a good photo of them but no success. I have a few pics but not very good. Any ideas? Also the first photo is of something I found hiding in one of my rocks towards the bottom. There is 2 of these things, they are red in the center and sort of resemble zoas to me but im not sure.

S

shrimpy brains

Can't tell from pics. Google strawberry anemone and see if that's it!?

salt0727

i found the ones that resemble the ones I have, the latin name is corynactis californica Should I worry that I have at least 6 or 7 of them? Any ideas on what the first pic might be?

S

shrimpy brains

Originally Posted by salt0727
http:///forum/post/3291584
i found the ones that resemble the ones I have, the latin name is corynactis californica
Should I worry that I have at least 6 or 7 of them? Any ideas on what the first pic might be?
I've never had Strawberry Anemones, so I am not sure. I've read that you should "moniter" them, but don't know why. Also, I believe they like cold water, so they may not last long in your tank. Not sure though.
In the first pic, does it have a tube that it can retract into? If so, it's probably a feather duster. If not, mabe a zoa, but either the picture or my eyes are not making it out to well.

salt0727

Originally Posted by Shrimpy Brains
http:///forum/post/3291793
I've never had Strawberry Anemones, so I am not sure. I've read that you should "moniter" them, but don't know why. Also, I believe they like cold water, so they may not last long in your tank. Not sure though.
In the first pic, does it have a tube that it can retract into? If so, it's probably a feather duster. If not, mabe a zoa, but either the picture or my eyes are not making it out to well.
no its doesnt have a tube so I think its a zoa but not sure what kind.