I Have a problem!!!!

nissan577

HI
IM NEW TO THIS THAT WHY I HAVE A SMALL TANK.

I HAVE A 3 GALLON REEF TANK WITH A 1 INCH TOMATO CLOWN FISH N A PISTOL SHRIMP. BUT MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE FLATWORMS LIKE CRAZY!!!! ITS LIKE PACK OF THEM IN MY TANK!!!! WHAT CAN I DO TO TAKE THEM OUT???? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!
PLEASE HELP

crazyaqua

The tank will be to small for the clown but for the worms the shrimp should eat them maybe if you really want them out you could use a net and pick them out.

renogaw

i seriously hope you forgot a Zero after your 3.
if you have flatworms there are 2 ways of getting rid of them, well three. 1) pick them off, doesn't get everything. 2) use flatworm exit but be warned, this will kill off the flatworms in your tank and some can release toxins into your tank, killing everything. 3) do a freshwater dip on the rocks you see the flatworms on. if you do 1 and 3 first, then doing 2 has a lesser potential for toxins. a combo of the three is best (from what i understand)

E

essop3

Like already said, I hope you meant 30 not 3. If you meant 3 take your livestock back and start over with a bigger tank. Do not use flatworm exit in a 3 gallon tank that has anything you want to keep. That small amount of water is already unstable enough. If you meant 30g syphon off as many as you can then use flatworm exit.

nissan577

Opps I Thought I Put 30. Well Yea I Have A 30 Gallon With A Small Tomato N A Small Pistol Shrimp. Cause My Whole Tank Is Full Of Corals And Rocks. But I Ask My Friend That Works In The Fish Store By My House And He Said The Liquid Might Kill Ur Corals. So I Dont What To Risk It. Are Their Any Fish That Can Eat Them????

nick76

I think your best bet is a flatworm exit medication, follow instructions exactly.
As for the arrowcrab, bad idea. They will kill everything eventually.

reefforbrains

I agree arrow crabs are a bad idea.
Spindly little guys and they look like they really COULDNT hurt anything even if they wanted to but they can be tanacious little guys

renogaw

it *shouldnt*. that said, it will kill the flatworms in your tank. if you don't get enough out of the tank first, then the flatworms will release their toxin into your water. THAT is what can kill your corals and fish. you should read and understand and follow the directions on the box and make sure you have plenty of water and even carbon ready

renogaw

salifert's instructions:
Flatworm eXit itself is quite safe to fish and invertebrates.
However, the body fluids of flatworms can be toxic to some reef inhabitants when present in a too high concentration. This body fluid is sometimes excreted when flatworms die.
So when you use this product it is important to do the following first:
1] Siphon out as many flatworms as possible.
2] Keep sufficient fresh activated carbon in a canister ready.
3] Turn off UV, ozone and remove activated carbon. Keep the skimmer turned on.
Important remarks
Below given remarks are a.o. meant to reduce the amount of the flatworm’s toxic body fluids in the water.
Many people have treated their reef tank(s) successfully using Flatworm eXit without any problems. The most important factors are reducing the number of flatworms before commencing with the treatment and reducing the amount of the flatworm’s body fluids, released when they die, as fast as possible.
Do not underestimate the number of flatworms in your system. In a few cases a significant number of flatworms can be hiding in for example crevices. Blow in such and any other potential hiding places water to blow any flatworm out of there. For that purpose you can use a powerhead or a turkey baster. Siphon out those flatworms as well.
Furthermore do not underestimate the amount of toxic body fluids these flatworms can excrete. This can be reduced significantly by really siphoning out the flatworms before commencing with the treatment. Further significant reduction is accomplished by siphoning out as many dead flatworms as you can.
Any body fluids released by the dead flatworms in the water has to be reduced further by using about 1 pound of fresh high quality carbon for every 50 gallons. The carbon has to be used in a canister with a sufficient forced water flow.
Take sufficient time for treating the tank. That is, do not treat your tank in a hurry. Also take time to monitor your tank for at least 6 hours after the treatment.
It is also wise to have at least 25% water ready for a water change if required.
Dosage:
Read all the above text before commencing with the treatment!
- 1 drop for every 4 liters or 1 gallon.
The dropper contains approx. 300 drops (10 ml). The dropper cap holds approx. 90 drops.
So 1 cap full is good for 360 liters or 90 gallons.
Add it in a high flow area of the tank. If you want to treat a refugium only and if it’s volume is too small for using a powerhead then mixing should be done manually.
- It should start to work within 30 minutes.
- If within 45 minutes no visible death of flatworms occurs add 50% more.
- As soon as the flatworms start to die commence with the activated carbon to take out any toxic body fluids. Also see the above given important remarks.
- After an hour or so you can turn any UV or ozone on again.
Keep out of the reach of children! Only for aquarium hobby use.

nissan577

alright i got it now. im just waiting for my friend to get their for i can get a discount or maybe get it free. but yea i got it now thanks. n that was a lot of reading