I have a wet/dry and want to add Chaeto how can I do this?

jeffreyyy

Okay,
I have a wet/dry with Bio-balls under my DT so there's noway of taking it out from under the DT.
Could I do this and lower my Trates that are at 20ppm right now and that's where there normally at also.
My w/d has 3 chambers 1. bioballs 2. PS and mag7 & 3. mag12 for return line.
Could I raise the milk crate up and use just a inch or two for bio then put some LS, LR and Cheato in chamber 1 and leave the other 2 chambers alone or remove the bio-balls and replace with LR rubble and add LS and Cheato?
OR
Can you add cheato to the DT or does that defeat the perpose of having cheato taking out the toxins?
My tank is a reef with some Zoo's, duncans, Lobo Brain, snails, crabs, a Foxface and 2 false Per. Clowns
Thanks you and any advice or comments are appreciated

Jeff

nordy

I have a bio-ball equipped sump with 3 chanbers-the first, where water goes in then overflows into the bio-ball part. Used to be the horrible, junky, built-in protein skimmer was. I put Cheato in there and have a simple little floor mounted display light trained on it and it's doing great. Because it's stringy and will break up, it really needs a separate space so it
I first had the cheato in an in-tank fuge which worked well-comes with a powerhead and suction cups tostick on the inside of the tank. It took up too much room so I moved it to the sump. In the pic, the clump is the size it came from an online vendor. It grew pretty quickly to completely fill that fuge.