I have an invader!?! Help!

smickied

While I was just staring at my tank I noticed this thing I don’t have a picture, but maybe some can help me identify my invader. Coming out of a small hole in my live rock a white worm (almost like a piece of thread) was reaching out and messing with (attacking?) one of my large polyps. Does anyone have any ideas, and any help with getting rid of them.:help:

manger

how small is the worm, any more description? what type of polyp? does the polyp still look ok? daytime or night?

smickied

It was very fine and hair like (as thick as pencil lead) , and seemed to be proding at the polyp. JUst something i've never noticed before and was concerened.

kreach

Originally posted by SquishyFish
I think you have a very serious problem. It sounds like a venomous serubillid worm, genus spaghetti, class mason, of the clan mcleod. They tend to strike unwitting polyps, and can frequently be seen w/ meatballs and garlic bread standing on street corners collecting money...you know you have one if they are wearing odd looking hats called a fezz (sp>)..the tassel will give it away.
Very serious in deed

Smart aleck... :D :rolleyes:
:D