I have beaten the RED SLIME!!!

rane

ok I am so excited, all my red slime is gone, I have been battleing this for a few months now and its gone!, the only change I did was go back to my old wet/dry with bioballs, my only other problem is that my skimmer wont fit into my wet/dry so now I have a $500 skimmer that I have used for 3 months sitting there and I am running skimmerless since the change about a month ago my water test are still on point., I need to find a way to be able to use my skimmer

overanalyzer

that is sweet - took me two months and I finally beat it in both tanks. Used some phosphate filters and it is all gone ....

rane

Well my other system I had a 30gallon rubbermaid that the over flows would flow into and the skimmer inside the rubbermaid as well that was my old system, this wet/dry I had setup for almost 1 year when my tank was an agressive setup and never had any problems nor did I ever clean out the bioballs in a years time, mind you I had a leopard shark, 2 tangs, picaso trigger,snowflake Eel, red lobster in the tank and never had any water issues, the only issue that I had was when I did a water change that I used tap water and it wiped out my whole tank almost instantly. I switched to the rubbermaid because i needed to fit my skimmer( Euro-Reef 8-1) and was thinking of adding a refuge that I never got around adding,