I HAVE FOUND SOUTHDOWN!!

D

diatom

Dr~
You might have trouble finding it in the Metro area...the last I heard Rochester was as close as you are going to get. Not a bad drive for you though.

lancer

Hey if the Rochester store was kind enough to send 2 pallets (like 80 bags) to Wichita, Kansas in December they shouldn't have a prob. sending you all a few! They even charged me $2.17 a bag so you know they lost money on that one. Just have your garden dept. call theirs and I promise they will know exactly what you need it for. I am not bragging, but i bought so much it is being used to weigh down my truck bed.
Good luck, Lancer

ramey70

When you have it shipped from one Home Depot store to another do you have to buy it in whole pallets? Can I just buy like 10 or so bags of it?

susan

This just goes on and on and on...
OK, I called the SD company # and the lady there said you can also get SD sand at most Agways, Ace Hardware and True Value Hardwares for those of you living on the east coast.
If you want a local store near you to order some, you can request they call the SD company at (610) 923-8805 and tell them they want their Tropical Sand (Southdown's sku for this is 578-819) The sku # mentioned in the other response is for HD only. Note, a store must order 1/2 a truck load full and ea pallet contains 56 50lb bags.
Also, the lady told me that she has an order yet to be filled at the Plymouth, MA HD. Therefore, they should have some very soon.
I'll let those in NH know if I was successfull in finding them at other stores.
GOOD LUCK!

arpartyman

I just called the Wichita, Kansas West store to see if they had any left. They had 21 bags on hand. I got them to send 6 bags to our Fort Smith, Arkansas store. They really had no idea what type of sand I was talking about. But I gave the SKU# 578-819 and they found it easy. If you want to try and get some shipped to your local store call the Wichita West store at (316)773-1988 and ask for Christie. She was the one who answered the phone when I called. Very Helpful.

twicklund

Just called Christie and they are out of the sand...She said they had to have it shipped from somewhere in St. Louis...This is getting interesting now...Kinda like a Seinfeld eppisode!!
tw

jester

Well HD called ad said my sand was in tonight. When I got there, 4 of the six bags were torn and open. They gladly gave me the two good ones, and sent the 4 open back to MN where they came from. I only need 2 for this tank anyway. I put it in and WOW, what a cool looking tank I have now. They will get me as much as I want (unopened of course) if anybody around me wants some. I will need to know by tommarow before he places the order. Just reply and I'll pickl it up. Just re-imburse me for what I pay ($3.49 for 50lbs) and pay shipping. :D :D :D :D

Southdown- I just bought a bag of southdown play sand. Is this the stuff I need. I think it said on the bag Tropicland Playsand from the Caribbean. This cost me under $5 at Home Depot. Did I get the right stuff.

jakob4001

got to get it while it last; SOWTHDOWN was based here in Houston, but was bought out little while back; they WILL be changing the content of thier sand for something that is more cost productive; the NEW orders that various hardware/gardening store may get will most likely have something else in it other than carribean sand