I have ich

I'm pretty sure it's not lymphocytis. Lymphocytis looks like large cauliflower type growths on the fish. My clowns look like they rolled around in powdered sugar.

john57

It really looks like ich in my opinion. the white spots can come and go. My clowns showed the same blotchy skin when you weren't seeing the spotting. Read Beths treatment for ich.
I did a hypo treatment in a qt and left my dt fallow for about 40 days. The fish came through like champs and I'm back in business. The hypo treatment is a bit of a pain, but it was worth it.
You will read on here that others have had luck with chemical treatments, but that seems to be hit and miss.

I have tried kick ich before and it did nothing but mess up my water. I will be doing copper tomorrow. I am doing copper treatment because I just want to make sure that if they have marine velvet then I will be treating for it. The powdered look they have happened very quickly which makes me think it may be marine velvet.

culp

if you use copper you wont be able to have a reef tank with the live rock you have now.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by saltwatersubie
http:///forum/post/2983496
I have tried kick ich before and it did nothing but mess up my water. I will be doing copper tomorrow. I am doing copper treatment because I just want to make sure that if they have marine velvet then I will be treating for it. The powdered look they have happened very quickly which makes me think it may be marine velvet.
It is hard to tell from the pictures what they have. Can you describe it more? How long have you had the clowns? Do you notice a stringy substance or does it look like the slime coat is peeling off? If that happens then it is Brooklynella. It can kill clowns quickly. Formalin baths are the only treatment that works. Take a look at Beth's pictures of Brooklynella in her Diseased Fish FAQ. There is also treatment information in her Common Treatments FAQ.

They do not look like they have a slime coat. It literally looks like they have been dusted with powder. They are eating ok and breathing fine. They are completely covered in this substance while the sixline just seems to have a few white spots on his head and fins. I will try to get a better picture of them today.