I have to go to Indianapolis... what to do?

crimzy

I rarely travel for business and, truth be told I really don't like flying (but that's another story). Anyway, I have to go to Indianapolis at the end of the month to meet with a client. I'll get there in the early evening and I'll have my meeting the following morning and through lunch. Then I'll fly back in the evening.
What is there to do in Indianapolis? Is there any good nightlife? Any good LFS?

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2942617
I rarely travel for business and, truth be told I really don't like flying (but that's another story). Anyway, I have to go to Indianapolis at the end of the month to meet with a client. I'll get there in the early evening and I'll have my meeting the following morning and through lunch. Then I'll fly back in the evening.
What is there to do in Indianapolis? Is there any good nightlife? Any good LFS?
The Reef! It's great. Also, there's Premium Aquatics which is really cool. Sorry if I'm not allowed to mention that one.

U

usirchchris

Back in college me and some friends did a road trip to indy...the only place I remember was "have a nice day cafe'" was not that nice IMO, unless you like dancing to music like your soul touching, "too much booty in the pants"

crimzy

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/2942622
The Reef! It's great. Also, there's Premium Aquatics which is really cool. Sorry if I'm not allowed to mention that one.
I believe it's ok if you're talking about a physical store, and not simply a website... I'm sure the mods will correct this if I'm wrong. I'll have the afternoon when I can check these out. Thanks.

crimzy

Originally Posted by usirchchris
http:///forum/post/2942633
Back in college me and some friends did a road trip to indy...the only place I remember was "have a nice day cafe'" was not that nice IMO, unless you like dancing to music like your soul touching, "too much booty in the pants"

Sounds good. Actually I know the Have a Nice Day Cafe. We used to have one around here during my younger days. Went there a time or two.

richmond98

I was there in 07 for a week long Fire training so we hit pretty much every bar there
Tiki Bobs was pretty cool, of course there is Hooters downtown, if your looking for "dancing" entertainment the red carter is about the nicest there
. as for good food i understand that the steak house which is near hooters is awesome but it was always packed everynight so we never got a chance to get in
. There is a pretty sweet monument in the center of town that you should check out, it was under repair when i was there so im not sure what its like now. i do agree with the have a nice day not really being the grand place. my week there is different the the rest of the year in that town...FDIC brings in an average of 27,000 firefighters from all over the world for one weeks worth of training so everything is packed and open block parties
fun times!

drpaul84

Originally Posted by Richmond98
http:///forum/post/2943111
I was there in 07 for a week long Fire training so we hit pretty much every bar there
Tiki Bobs was pretty cool, of course there is Hooters downtown, if your looking for "dancing" entertainment the red carter is about the nicest there
. as for good food i understand that the steak house which is near hooters is awesome but it was always packed everynight so we never got a chance to get in
. There is a pretty sweet monument in the center of town that you should check out, it was under repair when i was there so im not sure what its like now. i do agree with the have a nice day not really being the grand place. my week there is different the the rest of the year in that town...FDIC brings in an average of 27,000 firefighters from all over the world for one weeks worth of training so everything is packed and open block parties
fun times!

hey i was there in 08 for FDIC, had a blast, definitely hit up the bar's the girls out there are really nice, i fell in love every night. Not sure how its like when there isn't thousands upon thousands of firefighters there, but when i was there i had a total blast, little bit of training then lots of drinking and having a good time, i know the people i talked with out there said when the FD isnt out there its dead, so not sure what its going to be like now, theres a lot of cool bars and brewery's that make there own beers lots of good places to eat and the architecture is really nice.

saltygerman

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2943051
Anybody else know about Indianapolis?
Hello Crimzy. I live in Plainfield which is by the Airport. We have a brand new Airport which is only about 15 min from dowtown. Once you are downtown there is alot to do. The best restaraunts are all in the downtown area. From seafood (Ocean Air) where everything is delivered fresh daily, to the best steakhouse(St Elmo's) where all the celebrities eat, They are famous for their Shrimp cocktail where they make their own nostril clearing cocktail sauce. Next door to that is Harry and Izzy's which is partially owned by Peyton Manning and the owner of St Elmo's and is one of the best restaraunts I have eaten at in the country, and I travel alot, 90 flights last year. The big benefit with Indy is that downtown is compact enough that all is within walking distance. You can P.M. me if you have any questions Crimzy and I will point you in the right direction as best as I can. Let us know if you enjoyed our city.

crimzy

Thanks for the tips all... I'll probably get in and hit the seafood or steak place for dinner. Then I'll walk a bit and maybe take in a drink somewhere. The next day I'll try to hit the LFS before going to the airport.

drdingo21

Have a nice day is ghetto.
If you want a drink, head to broad ripple. The bars are nicer and cleaner - it also have a college atmosphere to it.
Premium aquatics is only open on Friday and Saturday. The only thing you can look at is the live stock. Everything else is in the warehouse that you can't walk around.

star27624

The cheesecake factory is great. And Uncle Bill's has some decent stores, but with the way Indy is laid out, some of them can be a pain to get to.