I hit a mega LR sale

justkris9

My LFS, has a new manager that hasn't a clue what he is doing. He wanted to clear out old inventory and get new stuff. He was selling it for a dollar a pound! I bought over 175 lbs. I used about 60lbs to finish off. Here are pics with what I had and what I put in.

shogun323

Great Price!! Personally, I liked it better before. It seems too cluttered now. That is just my opinion though.

hot883

Congrats. it will look better when corals start to cover it. Make sure you still have good flow in and around the back.

efishnsea

Wait till someone tells you that you have too much LR
, it happened to me
...I have about 600lbs in a 210
.take Hot883s advice as well as mine and get the water moving. Put a couple of Maxi-jets on timers, tucked behind the reef to stir things up...Looks great...keep us posted.
efish :happyfish nsea

justkris9

Originally Posted by BellaNavis
Where are you at in Pa?
I would guess about 2 hours from Reeding. I am in the Poconos.

justkris9

Originally Posted by efishnsea
Wait till someone tells you that you have too much LR
, it happened to me
...I have about 600lbs in a 210
.take Hot883s advice as well as mine and get the water moving
. Put a couple of Maxi-jets on timers, tucked behind the reef to stir things up...Looks great...keep us posted.
efish :happyfish nsea
I am with you...I love lots of LR. Hey all you lots of LR haters

It seems like every fish I look at buying says to make sure you have lots of rock work.
Yeah I think I'll tuck a couple more PH in there.

drea

great deal!
side note, i have extra live rock and i get nervous adding more to my 75 g.... i have about 80 lbs in there now...... the glass can hold it all? i have a piece that weights 15 lbs on its own, its ok to add? what do u guys think?

rad

Lucky. This is exactly what Im waiting for. Im only just starting with a 12g but if I find a rediculous deal on lr Im buying tons. It'll just be an excuse to buy another tank. :happyfish I think its safe to say your the envy of many on here. for that I hate you.