I just figured out how big my tank is: The guy I bought it from lied!

zack schwartz

My tank is 48" by 13" by 18". My lfs friend told me to times them all together and then divided by 231 and I got a number close to 50!!!!!!!!!! Now isn't that odd. But thats better for my tanks lighting i guess!!!!

finland

What did you think it was? And Don't feel bad, I just used you formula, And think I was told the wrong gallon size for my tank. If your formula is accurate, I have a 125(actually it came out to 134) instead of a 150 that I was told when I bought the tank. That is ok though, I think the 150 is taller, but the length and width are the same

A

aqua_man

Its all marketing, if you look at other items, such as horse power from engines. Its not ever going to be what they say. It could be more or less. It hardly ever excedds or matches advertised.

sgt__york

yep yep... ever seen a true 2x4 piece of wood? lol most are 1 3/4" x 3 1/2"
marketing.. they round things up for sake of standards... and reduce size to minimize expenses thus maxmizes profits.
hmm... altho i'm 5' 10 1/2" tall.. i think i'll start saying i'm 6 ft :) wonder if i can begin sending in approximations to my bills to. Hey, this might be a good thing! hehehe :)