sciknen

its a octopus nw150...
i just got it a couple of days ago..
i have it set up right im liek 99.9 percent sure
but i wanted to see it work a lil so i put it in a bucket and pluged her in
well i realize that it doesnt work as well in tap water/fresh
but it barely worked at all
o yea and zero bubbles
the water line got to right above the inlet from the pump and it stayed there..
the pump says 2000l/hour it came with that..
the water couldnt even get out of it..it was just stayin in it..it had about 3 inches to go to circulate it..
please please help..i hope my pump aint shot

fishfreak1242

check the connection between the pump and the skimmer. Also make sure that your tubing that connects to the pump for bubbles is out of the water.

sciknen

they have a tubing piece that connects to the inlet of the pump via a twist on thingy..and the other end o the tubin attachs to a silencer.they are both in the right place
like the pump isnt producing any power it seams like...is that normal..
its about 560 gph and it seams really really weak

fishfreak1242

What kind of pump is it? It could be defective. Take it out of the skimmer and test it in a bucket to see how fast it is going.

kevin34

I have an Octopus NW200 and went through the same thing when I first set it up. There is a large black tube where the water is supposed to come out. Pull up on that black tube and it will extend upward. This will raised the water level. It takes a few days for it to start making bubbles and actually skimming the water.

wattsupdoc

If it's in FW dont expect much if anything out of it. Sey it up in sump, dial it in close, but a little on the dry side and give it a few days.