i just got a prizm skimmer?

turningtim

DON"T LET THE SKIMMATE GET BACK IN THE TANK! Remove the cup and clean it out. Replace, reprime the skimmer and adjust! Turn the intake all the way down until NO bubbles are coming out.

nemo's mom

You have it turned up too high. Empty your cup. Plug your hose in the far air hose plug. Wait for the unit (bottom part to fill up to the O ring). Now move your hose to the inner plug. Adjust your flow valve to where you see bubbles at the O ring but do not turn it higher. You should see foam coming out of the top by morning.
I played with mine last night and turned it up too high somehow. This morning the room was flooded with 6 gallons of water. thought my tank had sprung a leak but the cup overflowed and started trickling on the carpet....what a way to start my day....

maeistero

those aren't too good of skimmers. i've had two running for quite awhile and they require morning and evening checks for me. i always have had an inch or two of water in the top IF it wasn't overflowing onto the floor. that's ok i think (the water in the top, not on the floor), it just gets dirtier until i empty it. followed by repriming. the airline connects to the left for priming and the right for regular use. the air bubbles also were a huge problem for me, you have to have exactly the right flow. that seemed to change for me as the airline clogs up very quickly, changing your flow rates. change your airline as often as possible as it's only 4inches. this is a very difficult hob skimmer to maintain and money spent on a real skimmer under your tank will save you money and time in the long run.
imho....

tommygun8

real i payed 89 bucks to me that is real money.... and i think i got it going ok now its not felling up with water or anythingjust the bubbles