I Just Got Back From...

darthtang aw

I am missing something...what do rainbows have to do with Nascar?
And I would like to add the only reason I would ever watch Nascar is for Danica.

scotts

Those are some GREAT pictures!
Are you into the trucks or just the closest race to you?

ruaround

thank you guys!!!
Shogun it was a blast!!! we had a really great time!!!
JOP the planes are T-38A Talons...
Darth the rainbow doesnt really have anything to do with NASCAR i just liked the pic so i thought i would share...
Scotts I go to whatever race i can... when you buy tickets at Kansas Speedway you have to buy tickets for every race that is going to be there
*(this year there is 5 events - ARCA, Trucks, IRL, Busch and Nextel) ... we are going to the Busch and the Nextel at the end of September... Next year i am going to the Vegas race too...

scotts

I have been to Busch and Cup at California. This year I saw the Busch race from one of the boxes at the top of the grandstand. It was AWESOME. We had a pit pass too, but never got the timing right. I have some pics on my other computer that I can post.
Michael Waltrip is having a bad year huh?

ruaround

Originally Posted by Scotts
I have been to Busch and Cup at California. This year I saw the Busch race from one of the boxes at the top of the grandstand. It was AWESOME. We had a pit pass too, but never got the timing right. I have some pics on my other computer that I can post.
Michael Waltrip is having a bad year huh?
i would love to watch a race from the top of the GS... our seats are row 56 (10 from the top row)... a couple of my friends get luxury box seats at Charlotte thru one of the suppliers they use... i want to go with em!!!
Waltrip and Jarrett both are really sucking this year... i never really did like Jarrett and i think he needs to retire... Waltrip should focus on one thing, perhaps he needs to stick to commercials and commentating... lol...

tangman99

You Neck! :hilarious j/k
Very nice pictures, but dude when you write out the word Danica and I'm waiting for the pictures to fill in, I don't want to see her d%$# car.

scotts

Seeing a race from one of the boxes was AWESOME! Not only can you see the enitre track, there is someplace to take a break if you need it, plus there is always food so you can nibble on something or grab a drink at no cost. We got there at 10 and it was a night race so it was really nice to have that. Also you don't climb the stairs to get there, you take the elevator.
The problem was I was with my bro-in-law and he got the tickets through a supplier, so there was the sales stuff going on and nobody in there could tell you Richard Pettys car number. I kept thinking what a shame it was that these awesome seats are being up by sales people who trade favors like this among themselves and the real fans are missing out. OK off my soap box.
One funny story was they have these new scanners that have a 3" TV built into them. So watch the pace laps and the drop the green flag. The 2 guys in front me had their heads down and were watching the race on the little TV rather than look at the awesome view of the track.
Will post pictures later when I get a chance at the desktop.

ruaround

Stu - thanks man... but i was seriously a redneck after the race... forgot the sun screen...

Scotts - I know what you mean... it becomes kind of a freefrawl for people that want to brown nose and really dont care about the event... and i know what youre talking about with the new TV scanners... ridiculous...

scotts

Some of my feeble pictures. I was not into taking pictures that day, but here are a few.

scotts

1 and 2 are the cars as they were going out for practice. Love sound that close to the cars.
3 is the view of the track from the grandstand, noctice you can see the entire track including the backstretch.
4 is the view from the walkway outside the box and overv iew of the souvenir railers. Notice how high up it is. Did I tell you I am scared *&*% of heights?
5 is the cars as they are going in from practice. Got even closer. Not a real Gordon fan, just happened to be the car passing through.

ruaround

nice pix Scotts... although i could do without the last one... lol... i cant stand Cheatdricks Motor Sports (esp JJ and JG)...

scotts

I don't mind JJ and JG, they just don't have the right accent for the sport.
As far as cheating, that is what cracks me up about Michael. He is STILL in negative points.
Don't get me started on the Busch Bros though.....

renogaw

I went to loudon NH a few years back for the whole weekend. It amazes me that you can pull in 130k+ people, give them free reign to drink all they want, shack them up in acres and acres of parking lots, and everyone can get along :)
it's also funny that no one seems to want to sit on the first or second turns hehe.
very nice pics!