I just saw a product made by ATM (the company from the show "tanked" on animal planet). Its called ATM colony... Anyone try it yet?

sjk2840

Speaking of the show "Tanked" did anyone notice the Lemon peel angel fish and the Flame angel fish in the same tank? think that episode aired a few weeks ago. I think it was the Tropical Smoothie tank build.

mr llimpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk2840 http:///t/391491/i-just-saw-a-product-made-by-atm-the-company-from-the-show-tanked-on-animal-planet-its-called-atm-colony-anyone-try-it-yet/20#post_3528441
Speaking of the show "Tanked" did anyone notice the Lemon peel angel fish and the Flame angel fish in the same tank? think that episode aired a few weeks ago. I think it was the Tropical Smoothie tank build.
Yes I did, they mix a lot of fish that shouldn't go together. The only way the can get away with it is on those huge tanks. I love to see a follow up on those tanks to see what they looked like from the first day of set up to a few months later.

grant778

I imagine most of them look just as good as they did when they were put in because the rich companies and people who hire ATM have the money to hire professional tank maintenance crews.

mr llimpid

No, I was wondering if there were Coraline algae growing all over the fake coral and how many fish have died or killed by tank mates due to there incompatibility.

grant778

Well, as they don't add live rock in their tanks with coral inserts, I imagine there is not coralline algae growing over the inserts. I don't know whether the fish are still alive or not.

gtrtek

I would love to see a followup show too. I have always wondered how safe the materials they use are. I have to admit though, I love the show and TIVO it every week. Wish there were more shows like this.

phixer

It happens a lot when a business focuses too much on profit. They often forgo quality. I have always tried to keep it small for this reason and build one tank at a time. Providing a quality product is so much more important IMHO.