i know this gets old but ? on lighting

ryand

ok as i said this probly gets old but i need some info on lighting for my anemone i just got new coral life 50/50 to replace the bulbs that didnt say anyting im just wandering if my bta will like the 50/50 lighting i have a 30 gal. with 2 clowns, an anemone, diamond back golby, arrow head crab, 2 mexicans and austrea turbos, and 2 nausorith snails
(excuse my spellen never was good at it... sorry if you get confused bye it)
any info would be handy

T

thomas712

MY BTA's have always enjoyed 50/50 URI bulbs, and I like the look of them.
What is the total wattage over the tank?
Thomas

inkman2004

Hey just wanted to let you know from my experience with the 50/50 lights, that it didn't work for me. It looked like they were going to work great for about 1 month. It had great color and every thing then over night it turned pretty bad on me. The label on the lights is really false advertisement. They do not have the power.

ryand

right now the total whattage over the tank is 20. better then the 17 that was over it. the only reason why i cant get more whattage in there is that there is only room for one light bulb underneath my hood untell i get a new one,(hopefully that will be soon) but he seems to lke it right now.
thankyou for the information

T

thomas712

Sorry but that will not be enough to keep an anemone alive long term. Thats not even 1 watt per gallon. BTA's need at least 4 watts per gallon of VHO or PC lighting, it goes up from there.
Thomas

ryand

:eek:well for being healty for 2 months off of 17 watt lighting i hope the 20 watt will keep him alive till i get a new hood
btw sweet adv.thomas!