i know this is a stupid question but......

bubbagump

i know this is a really stupid question but does instant ocean salt mix does it remove chlorine from tap water? i know that it is a stupid question but i am not for sure.

jacksonpt

no, it doesn't. There are quite a few products available that will though. Just ask your LFS for a tap water conditioner.

cap'n pete

Hey bubba,
Only a question not asked is a stupid question!
Have you considered using RO water.? You can get just about anywhere now for about $0.40 a gallon. Makes a world of difference. I never tell anybody to use tap water. It's just not safe!

bubbagump

i allready new about dechlorinatores but the reason i am asking is because i am trying to get rid of the little bubbles that come out of your skimmer when u use the dechlorinatires. i will try the ro water. is it the same as bottled water like ozarka or other brands of bottled driking water? or is it the ones that come into the big 1 gallon jusgs at the groceray store?

marc42fe

Clorine evaporates rather quickly, thats why you have to check pools daily. Still I would use RO/DI If I could do it all over again. Most Grocery stores have a RO set up that you can fill jugs from

richard rendos

If you use a dechlorinator like stress coat, you will get tons of bubbles. Use Prime from seachem. It does not have the aloe vera in it that stress coat does.

frankl15207

If you are using tap water and there is an aerator on the faucet, the chlorine will dissipate. That's the primary purpose of the aerator. Higher concerns are when municipal water companies use bonding agents that keep the chlorine bonded to the water.
I use Novaqua and have no problem with the skimmer. I also use either filtered water or distilled for the reasons mentioned above. I would buy RO if I could actually find someone in this area that sold it.