i let my lion fish starve and my gobie is missing .. ok now what?

nywaters

some of the replys said to let the lion fish starve a few days so he can get used to frozen food but when i came home yesterday my gobies fin was sticking out his mouth .... and the lion fish is small about the same size as the gobie (diamond back gobie) about 4 inches ... now my lion fish looks like he's 8 months pregnant lol
what other agrresive fish can i get for an agressive tank ,,, at this rate his meal is expensive
thank you guys a lesson well learned lol

marc42fe

Hey my lion is the same way. I dont think he'll get hungry for frozen till he catches ALL other tank mates. The first time I saw him open his mouth I almost went into shock, it has to be at least 5 times the size of his body, like a snakes mouth.

rane

LMAO...sorry to hear about that NYWATERS..but thats what i did with my lion ..well he started to eat the first day...if your close to NJ I recommed going to Absolutley Fish its the best LFS i have seen iin the area they are located in Clifton NJ all my fish i have gotten from there after my big lose after buying fish at Petland discounts that sell fish with ick on them..this place has incredible tanks always clean a bit pricy but its worth it...never had a problem with fish not eating

fshhub

exactly, sorry to hear about the loss, but as beth had noted those are the facts with lions

Lions will eat anything that they can fit into their mouths. I had a large lion it probably ate about 300 dollars worth of fish. My good friend had a small lion, he wanted to get rid of it becuase it was eating everything in his tank. We put it in my tank and guess what,,, my lion ate him..