I lost my mom this morning

teresaq

Yes and no.
She has had medical problems, but has been doing well. I took her shopping friday and she was fine, other then a disk problem with her back,
Sat morning she got up around 7, when my father got up, she went back to bed. He went to get her up for a dyalisis aptmnt around 9, she had passed away in her sleep

t316

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3261038
Yes and no.
She has had medical problems, but has been doing well. I took her shopping friday and she was fine, other then a disk problem with her back,
Sat morning she got up around 7, when my father got up, she went back to bed. He went to get her up for a dyalisis aptmnt around 9, she had passed away in her sleep
Sounds bittersweet. I am so sorry. But it sounds like she passed peacefully. Make sure the Grandkids remember the goodtimes...

teresaq

oh I will. I had them write a letter to her to be cremated with her. Something to help them thru this. To give them closure.

btldreef

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3261044
oh I will. I had them write a letter to her to be cremated with her. Something to help them thru this. To give them closure.
When a friend of mine was tragically killed in a car accident in high school, the social worker had all the close friends do this. It was extremely helpful. I was miserable at the time, but it was one of the best things for me. Good for you for doing that for them!

browniebuck

sorry for your loss...it will be three years in June since I lost my mom...fortunately, time does take the sting away, but it always hurts. Hopefully, you will get the same kinds of signs that I have gotten from my mom since she has passed...the day she died, outside the nursing home (she was only 54...cancer) we saw a deer outside...my mom loved deer, a couple hours later, she was gone...the deer was there to take her "home".

mrdc

I agree that the letters help. My uncle dies last week and my cousin wrote a letter to be buried with him. The letter was sealed and basically consisted of everything that he had wanted to say and do with his father but never got around to it. He said it did make him feel better to write it.