I LOVE CORAL VITE

otto13

just recently, someone posted on the board that coral-vite was great for live rock as well as corals. well, i started treating my tank about 3 weeks ago. i have had a huge increase in the color of my live rock. not only that, my dead rock appears to be gaining colors. greens, blues, purples....etc.
i love this product. i recommend it to everyone.
i have also experienced a flurry of new anemones popping up all over the place.
otto

dennish

Originally posted by Reef Ranger:
are they aiptasia anemones(glass), if so they are not good an should be removed.
-Ranger-

Can you give a better description of aiptasia? maybe a link to a good photo?
Are they ALWAYS bad or just if/when they get "out of control"?
-Dennis

otto13

give me a description of a glass anemone. these are very small and clear colored. they have about ten tenacles. they have an hourglass shape.
otto

mainejo1

Are you talking about CoralVital, or is it another product. I have had great luck with CoralVital and Reef Vital DNA. Quite pricey, but incredible results. I think it helps with ich along with garlic food, vitamins and water changes in addition to making your live rock "take off".

porkypuffer

I DID HAVE A PROBLUM WITH BROWN ALGEE, BUT I WOULD LIKE MORE OF THE PURPLE AND GREEN. WILL CORAL VITE HELP THIS? IS THIS THE ONE MADE BY KENT?

mainejo1

Porky, this product is by Marc Weiss out of Ft. Lauderdale. I have beautiful red coralline growth on my live rock with it. You can overdose, though. No harm to anyone, just red slime algae. It is natural enzymes, not a replacement for any other elements. Use 1 teaspoon per 100 gal for first 30 days of setup, then twice a week thereafter. I increase dose when I bring new fish/inverts home or if I have an outbreak of ick. Like I said, it is very expensive, but I think it has been worth it for me.

chessie

I also have been using Reef Vital DNA for ahwile now & have noticed remarkable results. All of a sudden, it seemed, I had coralline algae popping out all over the place!! Not only does it promote growth of this particular algae but, also prevents ich & has a bunch of other good stuff in it. It's a bit pricey but,I think well worth it. You don't have to use alot so, a little bit does go a long way. GREAT stuff!!