I messed up...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that's is pretty lucky for you, Fishkiller. The water changes were more likely what did the trick, not the bottled garlic. Have you done routine checks of your fish with a mag. glass? Sometimes ich can stay in check on healthy fish (but the fish still will harbor a few parasites at a time that go unnoticed). If I see that the water change out method is at least moderately reliable, I could start to suggest that here more often (particularly with hobbyists who have reef tanks).

jay0705

Question. Cleaner wrasse and cleaner shrimp effective or no? Specifically the wrasse bc I know they will clean into the gill areas.

Well, that's is pretty lucky for you, Fishkiller. The water changes were more likely what did the trick, not the bottled garlic. Have you done routine checks of your fish with a mag. glass? Sometimes ich can stay in check on healthy fish (but the fish still will harbor a few parasites at a time that go unnoticed). If I see that the water change out method is at least moderately reliable, I could start to suggest that here more often (particularly with hobbyists who have reef tanks).

I did the mag. glass check two months ago, I will do it again this week when I do change of water.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I would do it at least every other day for two weeks, different times of day. And let us know because, as I said, this procedure can be a viable option particularly for reef tanks that can't be dismantled.

Of course, QT is always safest and best way not to get illnesses in to your tank.

I would buy some nice cleaner shrimps .. and also a foxface and tang would be to much for a 60 gal tank .. a coral banded shrimp is aggressive and will kill cleaner shrimps in a small tank so I wouldn't put him back ..I would not stress the fish even more just leave the tang inside the tank and feed garlic and nori ..

kopczynski

Update: Tang and royal gramma didnt make it. Wrasse, damsel and clowns are looking better. Next week the Foxface and the shrimp are going to new homes and i will finally have my qt tank back for its original purpose.

Kristin1234

I would buy some nice cleaner shrimps .. and also a foxface and tang would be to much for a 60 gal tank .. a coral banded shrimp is aggressive and will kill cleaner shrimps in a small tank so I wouldn't put him back ..I would not stress the fish even more just leave the tang inside the tank and feed garlic and nori ..

Ahha! So that's what happened to my skunk cleaner....