I must be crazy... How can I find a Mantis Shrimp?

gfk

um they dont let you post links to any site, whether they sell things or not.
id call that not wanting to let members inform other members. not everyone is good at searching google. id rather buy somethign from a site that gives you links to other sites and actually lets people have opinions whether it invloves other sites or not

dskidmore

If that's so, then just go to the other fourm. No need to insult us or our host. Most of us are here because we like the board, and have found useful info on it. We are willing to work within the rules because we are greatful to our host for encouraging the saltwater community to share personal experinces and information. The mods here do a great job of handling normal mod stuff, they're not just here to enforce link violation rules.

gfk

so me sharing that a forum on another site is dedicated to mantis shrimp is a terrible terrible thing, given the site sells nothing. yes they have advertisements, but if everyone looooves this great place so much they;ll order their stuff here.
i understand what youre saying, but if youre telling me my point is invalid then youre naive

dskidmore

Originally Posted by gfk
so me sharing that a forum on another site is dedicated to mantis shrimp is a terrible terrible thing
It's not terrible, but it's against the rules of the host. When you're in someone else's house/web board, it's polite to obey thier rules. When I go to pot luck at a vegitarian's house, I bring a salad. It's not that I think eating meat is evil, I just know they won't appriciate a ham on thier table.

gfk

but if you asked them where to get a hamburger, would they tell you I DONT KNOW I HATE MEAT, or would they point you to a mcdonalds.....jk couldnt resist
honestly im over it, its everyones loss who misses out on info, oh well

mantisso_o

gfk love ur icon! its from that song "You get more --- then me" right? forgot the exact name of the song...lol anyway who cares about rules and whatever bull sh!t. I agree to a point with "id rather buy something from a site that gives you links to other sites and actually lets people have opinions whether it invloves other sites or not" aside from that get over it and drop the issue go back on talking about the mantis shrimp.
thank you "gfk" and "Marineking" I'll look in to what you guys provided here. :jumping: :jumping:

R

red79

well I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your new addition and you ended up with what you wanted.