I narrowed it down to a few choices in skimmers, any final thoughts?

king_neptune

Id like to order next week, currently I have a 125g DT with 185g overal system volume.
Its at a medium bio-load currently with my Tunze 9010. In the next few months Im going ot be significantly adding to my fish population, and by spring, it should be a heavily stocked system. Id like to go with a reef octopus this time around.
Currently Im looking at:
Reef Octopus NWB-200 8" Internal Protein Skimmer

Octopus Extreme 200 Protein Skimmer

Super Reef Octopus XP-2000 Cone Protein Skimmer
They are all relitivly close in pricing, pretty much around $300.
I dont really want to go past $500. My footprint space allowed is 12x19.
What would you pick? Im kind of leaning towards the Octopus Extreme 200 myself.

king_neptune

Bulk reef carries the exctreme,too bad they dont carry the Xp 2000. But the Extreme is their top seller, and that site goes hand in hand with top quality. I havent been there in a while, but they really expanded their products. You should check out the new heaters they have. primo quality!

acrylic51

They might be a quality site King, but if you look around...the cone is just a little better performer.....

acrylic51

King just checked their site.... They do carry the XP2000 and the internal as well. Shows out of stock though. Click octopus then drop box to super reef..... They have the XP1000, XP2000, and XP3000.

tlsohio

I have an XP 2000 and it works great without alot of fuss. I can't give you a comparison to the other two but I would highly recommend it the XP 2000.

king_neptune

I had a change of heart. I found a SWC mini S cone skimmer with the same sicce pump as the Octo extreme, but with new pinwheel and venturi so it gets about 1200lph air injection.
$279 from a local vendor, whos selling it almost $200 cheaper since its last years model.
Brand new in the box...no tax. Its a cone for the longer contact times, and with a 10.5 x 10.5 footprint its a win over the octo extreme from all angles.
I pick it up tomarow, and everyone Ive seen posting on it says its a great skimmer.