20 lbs of ls
1 firefish
1 royal gramma
1 scooter blenny
2 turbo snails
4-5 astrea snails
not sure how many nassarius snails
and about 6-8 hermit crabs
my problem is various types of algae in the tank... i had hair algae but the turbos took care of that... but now my sand bed is starting to get realy disgusting and yucky to look at.... i need a crab or snail or something that will go to town on that and to get rid of some small bubble algae! i was thinking maybe some kind of star for the sand but not sure what for the bubble algae!??
thanks
o and they all need to be reef safe!

debbie

Bubble algae, I had some starting on my live rock. I very carefully removed it and have not had a problems since. If there is a way you could carefully remove it from the sand bed without popping any of the bubbles that is the way to go. I don't know of anything that would remove it. Can you post a picture of it?

treybom

its not on the sand bed... its on the rocks... and by some coral... how did u remove it???? i heard emerald crabs would eat it....?

N

nereef

emerald crabs will eat the bubble algae. otherwise, your crew looks pretty good.
you could increase your flow across your substrate. this will suspend detrius into the water column where it will be skimmed or filtered.

sula

Yes, I've had some success with Emerald crabs - it's not 100% but a pretty good chance. Plus they're pretty cool little critters.

debbie

Originally Posted by treybom
its not on the sand bed... its on the rocks... and by some coral... how did u remove it???? i heard emerald crabs would eat it....?
I don't have an emerald crab but do give one of them a try. Cannot get those here in Canada where I live. But I took a sharp knife and carefully cut it off as to not pop any of the bubbles. Also, I only had a very small amount too.

debbie

{EDIT: Out of respect to the owner and operator of this site, please do not post or ask people to email you for a link to another site...there is lots of good info on this site on this topic!}

debbie

I am sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone. I just know of a real good article regarding this topic and thought it would be of interest to this person. I know this site is full of great info from many of the folks here. Once again I do appologize.