I need a quick reply in reference to id-ing eel

greenwolf52

ever heard of it? it's black and brownish body with a neon green stripe that runs the length of it's top fin ridge. has body features and facial features relative to green moray. lfs calls it a green edge moray.
need info by today bc i'm considering buying it but i'm not the only one considering it. it's $45 and about 8-10" long

adesimone1

Originally Posted by greenwolf52
ever heard of it? it's black and brownish body with a neon green stripe that runs the length of it's top fin ridge. has body features and facial features relative to green moray. lfs calls it a green edge moray.
need info by today bc i'm considering buying it but i'm not the only one considering it. it's $45 and about 8-10" long
I would google it 1st alot of info is out there

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by adesimone1
i know...tried that...can't find anything
thanks though

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by adesimone1
i know...tried that...can't find anything
thanks though

mike22cha

What are you trying to figure out? How hard is it to keep? Wouldn't it be samilar to other moray eels?

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
What are you trying to figure out? How hard is it to keep? Wouldn't it be samilar to other moray eels?

just wondering about max. size and if anyone knows species that would be helpful. never seen or heard of this guy before, but looks like there is no hurry after all since it never ate when i was at lfs so looks i'll be waiting this one out.

greenwolf52

well, i'm going back tomorrow to check this guy out again and was wondering if i could get some insight. it doesn't surprise me that no one has said anyhting about this bc i have been looking everywhere for something on it and the best i can come up with is that it would be falling under the category of "assorted moray".
i'm asking the experts. i know you guys have to have some kind of clue or idea of how big he may get or just what type of inhabitant he would be in general...
there must be some kind of rule to follow when dealing with the "assorted" guys

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
did u ask them for a scientific name?
the guy doesn't have that info, but anyway, if it's not eating tomorrow, i'm not gonna bother. such a sweet looking eel though.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by greenwolf52
the guy doesn't have that info, but anyway, if it's not eating tomorrow, i'm not gonna bother. such a sweet looking eel though.
get pics, maybe one of us can ID it