I need an RO system but I dont have the money. Saw this online, it connects to your tap and purifies the water, would this be enough?

floods7

I only have a 20G, but I am in desperate need of purified water?
I really want an RO system but I think they are out of my price range. You guys know of any ones for under $100
Saw this online, would this cut it?

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Tap Water Filter™

An easy-to-use, single-cartridge tap water filtration system that removes impurities from tap water, making perfect, deionized aquarium water. Filter resin changes color when it's time to replace cartridge. Used cartridge can be replaced without tools in minutes. Comes fully assembled and attaches to any faucet in seconds. Includes 4 oz. bottles of Electro-Right and pH Adjuster to treat the filtered water, faucet adapter and tubing. For freshwater, saltwater, African cichlid or community aquariums. One unit in box.

gemmy

I would edit the link out. We aren't allowed to post competitor's link. You can however post a pic of the item.
That filter will be OK to get you through until you can get a real RO/DI unit.

floods7

This is so new to me. I understand that it hooks up to the faucet, then what, it just purfies as it runs through, and then into the bucket I use for my fish tank.

xandrew245x

They way they say about the resin changing color when its expired almost sounds like its a Kati/ani purifier...hmm interesting, how much does it cost?

flower

It may make the drinking water taste better, but it isn't enough for the fish tank. Use Walmart or other grocery store RO water at 37 cents a gallon.
I can't afford filters because I have bad well water...Sooo I got Culligan to install a 5 stage unit and Ipay $39.99 a month for all the RO I want and need. We cook, drink and maintain 2 big tanks on that water.

fixpc

There are some R/O filters out there that cost less then 100$ that works great look at the big online auction website. That's what I use it good for about 5000 gallons than they have to be replaced mine does 55 gallons a day. 5000 gallons should last pretty long time

bang guy

The Tap Water Purifier is fine. It's actually a deionizer and works well. The problem is that it won't purify very much water before the rosins are depleated. The amount of pure water you get depends on the level of impurities in your tap water.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixpc http:///t/390376/i-need-an-ro-system-but-i-dont-have-the-money-saw-this-online-it-connects-to-your-tap-and-purifies-the-water-would-this-be-enough#post_3456681
There are some R/O filters out there that cost less then 100$ that works great look at the big online auction website. That's what I use it good for about 5000 gallons than they have to be replaced mine does 55 gallons a day. 5000 gallons should last pretty long time
See what Bang Guy said about DEPENDS on the impuriety of your water. A filter on my well water would last a week tops. $100 a week is a big chunk a change. The manufactures always promise the filters lasting long but you have to calculate the water condition itself. I have a TDS monitor on my unit....if it goes red (beyond 10) I call Culligan. My last water test showed 4 TDS, which is very good.
I was stuck thinking one needs a 5 stage unit to clean water, and I'm actually surprised Bang Guy said the filter on the tap is any good, so today we both learn something new.