I need help getting my fish to eat.

mmync

I added my first two fish to my 180 gallon tank but I cant get them to eat. Ok, I bought a little clown a couple of days ago and it stays in the upper corner of the tank and has not moved an inch in 2 days. Then I bought a little coral beauty yesterday and he stays secluded behind some rocks and he too hasnt moved an inch. Well I have tried feeding them some little pellet food 2 times already and its like they dont even see it. The current just pushes the food around for a couple seconds and they fall to the ground. I am sure that my tank being so big and the fish and food being so small doesnt help but was wondering if you guys have any suggestions. I know I cant keep putting food in there because it will be bad for my tank so I ususally will try once every other day.:confused:

ohscc

I am hoping you cycled your tank already and I am guessing you did. Where did you buy these fish and did you watch them eat at the store? (This is always a huge thing for me) When I buy a fish I always make sure the fish eats and eats aggresively. Coral Beauties are known to be funny eaters and sometime fail ever to eat. But I would try frozen foods, like Forumla 2 I feed my clowns and angel this food and they love it. I know many other people who us it. All you have to do is chop up the cube into bite size pieces. I would not feed more than a fourth of a cube. Good luck.

slick

Try some kind of garlic to attract them to the food. You could also turn off all powerheads and return pumps when you feed. This is what I do and my fish know that it means dinner time.