I need help please

unbreakabl

I just bought a colony of xenia's and i put them into my tank. They looked wonderful the first day and then i woke up the next morning and i turned on the light and now (5) hours later they still looked shriveled up? Why i have a 120 gallon tank and i promise i have more than enough light. My readings are nitrite 0 nitrate 40 (i know its high and i really want to know what the best way to lower nitrates is) ph 8.3. Please help.

lion_crazz

Give the xenia some time. Mine always take a day or two to begin to open.
The xenia will probably like/not mind the nitrates. Many people claim that they like nutrient-rich water.

unbreakabl

well i dont think it is going to survive. I came home today and it looks really bad. I have no idea why. Please somebody help. I spent 60 dollars on this thing and it ends up dieing. I hate that. PLEASE HELP

paulcoates

$60 for Xenia? Wow.
The best way to lower nitrates is water changes and making sure that you have no dead spots as far as flow goes in your reef

unbreakabl

ya i paid 60 dollars for this thing. I know he is geting flow to him about medium and i was wondering if he could recover. How do you know for sure if it is dieing? please help :help: