I need help- quick!

rtlimpus

I went down today and bought a new Nano cube based upon discussion with some of y'all yesterday. I did all the research I could find- and had a heart to heart with the LFS owner. Seems like new sand was the best option- of course it is Live Sand. I just set it up and moved rock, water etc in. The water is way cloudy and I am not sure if it is better to put my clown in the cloudy water or leave him in the bucket- it is getting a little cold.
Please don't yell at me- I swear I was doing everything right. I didnt count on the cloudy water.

Thanks

speg

Do you have another tank to keep the clown in? I'm sure you're not going to want to keep anything live in that new tank until you test and find out if it's safe.
Even though you're getting "live sand" and "live rock" from a LFS it doesn't mean that once you put these in your tank it's good to go. Most likely there will be die-off and you'll enter a cycle that must be finished before you put in your livestock.
p.s. The sand will lose that cloudy look by morning usually.

Originally Posted by speg
http:///forum/post/3237996
do you have another tank to keep the clown in? I'm sure you're not going to want to keep anything live in that new tank until you test and find out if it's safe.
Even though you're getting "live sand" and "live rock" from a lfs it doesn't mean that once you put these in your tank it's good to go. Most likely there will be die-off and you'll enter a cycle that must be finished before you put in your livestock.
P.s. The sand will lose that cloudy look by morning usually.
+1

rtlimpus

I moved everything over, and after taking the full tests, i put him in the tank in a baggy open for oxygen. He got out, and seems to be doing fine. I am praying it stays that way. He even ate dinner.
**whew**
Yet another learning curve.........

I would keep an eye on your parameters man. I have experience from doing a tank transfer. After stirring up all that sand my levels were through the roof and I panicked because I had nowhere else to put my live stock. I ended up doing a bunch of massive water changes (keep saltwater ready because I had to go buy some) and I ended up pouring a bottle of the cycling bacteria in (I know a lot of people are against this but I was desperate). Took about 48-72 hours for everything to calm down.

rtlimpus

Originally Posted by Contraband629
http:///forum/post/3238202
I would keep an eye on your parameters man. I have experience from doing a tank transfer. After stirring up all that sand my levels were through the roof and I panicked because I had nowhere else to put my live stock. I ended up doing a bunch of massive water changes (keep saltwater ready because I had to go buy some) and I ended up pouring a bottle of the cycling bacteria in (I know a lot of people are against this but I was desperate). Took about 48-72 hours for everything to calm down.
How often do you think I should check?

Well tonight before you go to sleep and definitely tomorrow morning. If there is a big difference then you can figure out what action to take. For example, if tomorrow morning your parameters are way off I'd change water immediately.

rtlimpus

Originally Posted by Contraband629
http:///forum/post/3238226
Well tonight before you go to sleep and definitely tomorrow morning. If there is a big difference then you can figure out what action to take. For example, if tomorrow morning your parameters are way off I'd change water immediately.
Thanks- I will definately do that!