I need help with a undulated trigger!!

grouperhead

125 as sammy said. you cant keep them with anything else though. they are the meanest sons of guns in the ocean. they will kill and eat anything and everything. when kept alone they are very cool subjects. they live for long times (20+ yrs) and can bond with their owners i have heard. they are cool, wish i had an extra tank for one. later, bo

pufferlover

I to am getting ready to get a Undulated Baby (when my lfs can find me one in perfect shape). I am interested in them but realize it must be kept alone, as every book I have says it must. I want the baby so I can start it off in one of my extra tanks realizing in time it will be moved as my Porks were when they grew. Currently have a Clown and Niger (Niger baby clown about 6" now) but am intriged by the coloration of the Undulated.

grouperhead

I have seen undulated's up to 12". a 75 would DEFINATLEY be pushing it. Since triggers are very hardy you might be able to get away with it. i would say 100-125 minimum though. later, bo

lionfish

LionFish says......
Definnitely try to get a 125 or above. Those suckers do get big and mean and they need a lot of space to move freely. The 75 gallon would work for about 3 years but in the end you would have to upgrade to a larger tank. I find it easier to just get the big tank first so that I don't need to buy a bigger one. But thats me. Cool fish, though. Hope ya get one soon but just make sur eya get him in a big tank in the end.

grouperhead

To me the undulate is the coolest of all colors. depending from what area they are from will determine if they have an orange or green tail. they are also imo the prettiest trigger. but there just so mean. once i get a job this summer and save some extra cash i might try and undulate set up. from the people i have talked to who have singly kept undulated's said that they were definatley there favorite and one of the coolest fish they have ever seen. they are very hardy and like most triggers very fun to watch. is there a reason why they are so mean, or is it just something that mother nature wanted to do? later, bo