i need help.

trigger40

my powder blue tang is stressing its self out because it wont stop attaching its reflection in the glass. any ideas in how to stop this?

trigger40

so your basicaly saying he is becoming aggressive because of lack of room. makes sense. 100 gallon in progress!

trigger40

is there anything i can do for now? some money didnt come through last month and it left me with half a set up. :(

iany way it put me off a month or two. it has calmed down. i did just add new coral and wipped the glass. i probaly should have put that in the post.

Dflo

Try for now getting a piece of background and put on that side. My hippo was doing same thing until I did that. Granted he was only doing on that side of tank and still a little reflection but did help

trigger40

if i keep the lights in the room off it doesnt seem to notice its reflection. ill stick to that.

flower

is there anything i can do for now? some money didnt come through last month and it left me with half a set up. :(

iany way it put me off a month or two. it has calmed down. i did just add new coral and wipped the glass. i probaly should have put that in the post.
I rearranged my rock so all of it was in the middle..my Hippo tang was able to swim around the "island" I made. That allowed the fish to not feel so confined, since he could swim perpetually, it gave the illusion he had more room than a 90g 4ft tank.

silverado61

Covering the sides and back of the tank will still cut down on the reflection on the front pane of glass. Sounds strange but it works.

flower

Hi,

Just to clarify...
The island thing is for fish trying to swim beyond it's limits always bumping the glass trying to get past the barrier...Also a confined fish will behave more aggressively (attacking it's own reflection) because it thinks it has to defend territory. Sometimes it isn't the reflection that's driving the fish crazy, a tank too small makes it behave that way.

pegasus

Hi,

Just to clarify...
The island thing is for fish trying to swim beyond it's limits always bumping the glass trying to get past the barrier...Also a confined fish will behave more aggressively (attacking it's own reflection) because it thinks it has to defend territory. Sometimes it isn't the reflection that's driving the fish crazy, a tank too small makes it behave that way.
I have the same problem... I don't like to being confined in small spaces, either!

trigger40

he is acting normal today(so far). all of my rock is in the middle of my tank and the back is coverd. do you guys think this will be enough to keep it calm for a few months?

trigger40

i really do want to get my clown fish a mate but her old one committed sushi. and i dont know how she would react if i put another one with her.

snakeblitz33

More than likely it's a male clownfish. All clownfish are born male and the most dominant in the group will turn female. If there is nothing to dominate over then there is no point in changing from male to female.

Just a little FYI.