I need inspiration!

suzy

Guys, I need your help. I am trying to write an article about Planted SW Tanks, a subject I really love. I have had a reef tanks, FO tanks, nursery and specialty tanks. But my favorites are planted tanks. I have a real soft spot for planted tanks. But, I have stinkin' writers block! I sorta know what I want to say, have a sort of outline, but I can't make myself work on it. I keep cruising the MBs, or playing sodoku, telling myself I'll work on it in a bit. Then, an hour is gone and I haven't written a word!
Anyone want to share some thoughts about planted tanks to help me get inspired? Do you love your planted tank?

I love my planted macro tank....browns -sarragusum ,scroll etc didn't make it ...they need higher lighting and VERY high flow...my reds did great in the shadows of my rock....my chaeto did great "tumbling" around the top of my hex and my codium did great planted in high light and flow,and didnt mind being "caught" between 2 rocks...some pics

Thank You ! In the next couple of weeks I;m going to have to thin them out.... pm me and there free plus shipping...I also sell on ---- and have paypal/reputable reputation [spelling?lol? Thank you... .with lots of coduim.....,
Laura and bob

pledosophy

I keep a planted tank, keep seahorses, and love Sudoku.
I know what you mean about the articles, sometimes it's just so hard to sit down and write one. I did finish one recently and am quite proud of it. But it is alot of work. My last one I spent about 8 months researching in my off time. Hundreds and hundreds of hours.
I've been researching more about iron, and iodide supplements for the planted tanks, promising results so far.
Also having some promising results with 6500K bulbs on my refugiums. I use a 150w HQI on the display tank, but I can grow macro like no ones business in my refugium.
I found some ways to cultivate nitrate using bottled ammonia and crushed coral that is proving useful.
I'd glance over the easy stuff and go into the science of it. So many have no appreciation for the science and nuisances of planted tanks. They are there own genre just as SPS is a vehicle of it's own.
IMO highlight the true difference behinds the different setup.
HTH