I need legs!

G

glazer

Well I'm puttin' a 150 watt MH over my 7 mini-bow and I decided NOT to build a fully enclosed canopy as I am really worried about heat being an issue. Soooo instead I am building a small wooden box structure to house the DIY pendant... my search is for legs for this box, so to mount it on the tank. I have been doing alot ,no hours and hours of searching and all I can find is the leg stands like JBJ uses on their PC hoods.... I may very well end up using them. I would just like to find some more options... I need them to be stainless, aluminium or perhaps even acrylic. I would do them out of wood as well but I know they're gonna get wet and turn to kaka!...lol
Anybody seen anything like what I'm talking about or any metal wizards in the audience that can whip out a pair for me?
Thanks for your help :)

surfnturf

You could get some acrylic at the local glass shop and make them with that. You can also look for marine grade plywood, build the hood and the legs with it. I'm sure your local HD carries it, and it won't turn nasty on you if you seal it, Urethane spar coating works well, or you can paint it with exterior paint instead.

slick

I agree you can use wood. Just make sure you seal it with something. It's really not going to get that wet anyway. At least it shouldn't.