I need Liverock in Fla

ninjamini

I am looking to buy live rock in Florida. I am looking for 70 lbs at a good price. I am in broward but I am willing to drive.

ninjamini

Originally Posted by JPloman
Where about in FL? I am in PCB and looking to get rid of everything I have.
I'm In Davie which is 20 min east of ft lauderdale. Where is PCB?

72olds455

He is refering to Panama City Beach, it is half way between Tallahassee and Pensacola, or 20 minutes from my house

ninjamini

What kinda rock do you have? How much do you have? And what do you want for it shipped to 33325.

ninjamini

Originally Posted by ad4200
check out reef life in davie have nice rock etc

Where is that? I have not heard of it? What kinda rock do they have? What do they get for it?
A lot of stores have nice rock but they all want $6/lb. Thats just too much. I would rather get it from someone getting out of a tank. If I cant buy it from someone I will order it online.

ad4200

off I-95 and stirling go west over tracks go north 100 yards make left in warehouses nice corals fish and rock don't know price on rock i trade it out

ninjamini

Originally Posted by ad4200
off I-95 and stirling go west over tracks go north 100 yards make left in warehouses nice corals fish and rock don't know price on rock i trade it out

Thanx! I know those warehouses I will check it out tomorrow. Thats not davie though.

bret61081

If you are in Davie Check the reefs Edge...its on Orange just west of 441...Fiji rock there used to be 4$ a pound not sure if it still is....also Fish Paradise in Hallendale has hatian rock for 4$ a pouind as well...depending on how far you want to do....Exotic Aquatic off Oakland just east of 95 has Caribean rock for 4$ a pound...Fiji for 6$ a pound....and up..my personal favorite store is exotic aquatic,,,,but Reefs Edge is nice aswell...

ninjamini

Originally Posted by Bret61081
If you are in Davie Check the reefs Edge...its on Orange just west of 441...Fiji rock there used to be 4$ a pound not sure if it still is....also Fish Paradise in Hallendale has hatian rock for 4$ a pouind as well...depending on how far you want to do....Exotic Aquatic off Oakland just east of 95 has Caribean rock for 4$ a pound...Fiji for 6$ a pound....and up..my personal favorite store is exotic aquatic,,,,but Reefs Edge is nice aswell...
Reefs Edge - Where is orange - been there.
Fish Paradise - been there
Exotic Aquatic - Been there
But I dont want to but retail! I want to buy from a person out of their tank. This site gets $4/lb for Figi rock. Some charge less.
I am looking for someone who is taking down their tank. I figure $2.50 - $3/lb.
:cheer: IS ANYONE LOCAL LOOKING TO SELL SOME ROCK? :cheer:
ninjagator2000@yahoo.com

sufunk

In davie also, unfortunately reefs edge is right near me but i refuse to go there. They screwed me 2x in the last 5 months. never heard of reef life , gotta find that
btw- nice midas bret. I have 1 also and love it

ninjamini

Originally Posted by sufunk
In davie also, unfortunately reefs edge is right near me but i refuse to go there. They screwed me 2x in the last 5 months. never heard of reef life , gotta find that
Due tell.

bret61081

Originally Posted by sufunk
btw- nice midas bret. I have 1 also and love it
send me an email...I am curious as to what happened....Ive never heard of anyone having a problem with them. I am very honest with them that I buy 99% of my stuff from Exotic Aquatic and they are still always very nice and care of me with whatever I need...Bret61081@AOL.com....
Thanks by the way...the first one I ever saw was at Exotic Aquatic so I had to have it! now Reefs edge has them all the time! great littel guy with lots of personality... are any of you in the FMAS? Its really a great club...you can get lots of frags and fish really cheap at the auctions after the meetings! plus its always nice to meet other aqua dorks like myself! hehe
Bret

sufunk

My midas is awesome, he came from reefs edge. :cheer:
Long story short, I wanted a convict blenny, they had 1 in the main tank and he said hed catch it and call me. After 2 weeks i called with a reminder. They said we're ordering it bc we cant catch ours. 1 month later, ohhh we forgot now were ordering it. 3 weeks later, were ordering again. I month later, ooops we forgot again.

Then after Wilma, my tank was gross bc of no power for 7 days. We used a service then bc i didnt have time foe the tank and knew nothing about it(wifes job, lol). My old service quit so i called them. He said they dont just start service, he has to come and see my tank to see if he can handle it. I was like its basically a 36g fowlr and i need it cleaned NOW. He still said he couldnt start without seeing it 1st. He came, looked at the tank for 15 minutes, charged me $75 and said hed call me the next day to schedule a time. I told him 5x i needed it ASAP.
NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN :mad: