I need Liverock in Fla

bret61081

Originally Posted by sufunk
By the way bret, what is FMAS? i assume a marine club, is it local?

yes it is local....its the Florida Marine Aquarium Society...if you shoot me an email Iwill send you the link to the msg bords we use...ican't post here b/c its on a similar webpage...the meeting are right there in Davie at a middle school....its very informative and u can get great deals at the auction!
Sorry you had a bed experince with them,...that SUCKS....if you are still looking for someone to come maintain your tank....give Rob a call at Exotic Aquatic...he is a GREAT guy! I've never gotten such good service as I have from him! not sure of his prices for service but I know he does it...
the meeting are the last Tuesday of the month....not sure what this months topics are but they are usually pretty good....
Bret

sufunk

thanks for the info. I maintain my own tank now and its finally healthy. Well getting there at least. Nitrates are down from way over 200 to 10

ninjamini

Originally Posted by Bret61081
yes it is local....its the Florida Marine Aquarium Society...if you shoot me an email Iwill send you the link to the msg bords we use...ican't post here b/c its on a similar webpage...the meeting are right there in Davie at a middle school....its very informative and u can get great deals at the auction!
the meeting are the last Tuesday of the month....not sure what this months topics are but they are usually pretty good....
Bret
Can you send me the info for this.
ninjagator2000@yahoo.com
thanx.

bigtang803

Also if you will drive that far, call Robs Reef in Jacksonville. He has a really nice place. You may want to call him first. Or email him Robsreef.com.

ninjamini

Originally Posted by BigTang803
Also if you will drive that far, call Robs Reef in Jacksonville. He has a really nice place. You may want to call him first. Or email him Robsreef.com.

EEeeekk!! Thats like an 8 hour drive each way. Thats alota gas to buy some rocks. I was thinking maybe someone in S. Fla.

ninjamini

Originally Posted by Johnzo
My vote still goes to Life Oceanic south of Tampa 2.99 a lb

I have not made the decision to go aqua-cultured.

bret61081

the best thing you can do is to go talk to some local places...tell them how much you need and you may just get a discount! whenever I buy a few things they usually make me a deal!! most LFS dont make a lot of $$ so they'd take off .50 cents a pound or so to make the sale!

ninjamini

The LFS wants $6/lb. Thats just silly and 2x the price of buying online. I figured someone would want to get rid of their tank and rock.

bret61081

Originally Posted by ninjamini
The LFS wants $6/lb. Thats just silly and 2x the price of buying online. I figured someone would want to get rid of their tank and rock.
Check the reefs edge...they have rock starting at 2.99 a pound....what stores have u gone to?

johnzo

Originally Posted by ninjamini
I have not made the decision to go aqua-cultured.

It is Walt Smith Figi rock at $2.99 a lb if you pick up at the store.... on the famous auction site it is $2.24 a lb