I need more fish!

j_schmidt1

Hello all, I have a 65G FOWLR upright that's been up almost four years now. I admit, I was a foolish newbie and wasted lots of money but have learned lots of things. So now, all is well in the aquarium, but I need some more fish now that I'm on the right track. All I have in there now is a Percula clown and a Diamond Goby. They've been the only two in there for a while, and I'd like to give 'em some new friends to play with.
So, the question is, can I add this stuff to my tank?
Firefish
Yellow Polyps
2 clown gobies
Mushroom Polyp
Lettuce Nudibranch
Also, I have two Power Compacts for lights, and I have a cleaning crew. If I put those polyps in there, will my cleaning crew eat them or destroy them?

cdangel0

But the Nudi branch would be so nice to look at for the 3 days he'll have him. Seriously, the Nudi branch will probably end up in one of your power heads or your filter.
I just read a post this morning that the yellow star has become known as a pest as it will take over your tank. No experience of my own, just passing along someone else's knowledge.

teresaq

I like my yellow polyps. they are very bright, and if they start to get out of control, i just frag them and get store credit.
the nudi only eats one type of alge. bryopsis, and will starve.

j_schmidt1

thank you all so much, I always love getting advise from this place before I buy. But, just to make sure.....the polyps will be ok with my cleaning crew? I have some Turbo Snails, Nass. Snails, and some hermit crabs. They won't pick this stuff off? Also, do I need to feed the polyps?

teresaq

no they will be fine. I have all those in both my reefs.
word of advise-have some cyclopeeze on hand. some clown gobies are hard to get eating. they are so small, they somtime dont take flake right away, besides your yellow polyps will love it.