I need some fish

nel621

i have set up a 125g and after a couple of losses I only have 2 fish,both are cinnamin clowns.I have about 150lbs of lr.A huge w/d with skimmer.I need about 5 fish.I know the clowns are semi-aggresive.I also want to add a shrimp or 2.I really don't want too many small fish unless that means i can add to my 5 fish wish list.Also can I have more than 5?From reading on these boards here what I found;
flame angel,coral beauty,six line wrasse,neon goby,kaudern[sp] cardinal,humu picasso,yellow tang
I want a variety of colors also.
TIA
Nelson

teresaq

here is what I would add
yellow tang -yellow
fairy wrasse - red
pair of banggii - black and white
royal gramma -purple and orangish yellow
engineer goby or dimond goby black and whte or white and orange
pygmy angel - blue and yellow
TeresaQ

teresaq

I would say angel and tang last. the other I dont think really matter. they are all pretty peacful

F

flame hawk

do a purple tang and yellow tang add the yellow tang last thoe a flamw hawk is a very cool fish a flae angle looks great nice color lawn mower blennyalso

nel621

Originally Posted by LKGRenegade22
http:///forum/post/2933982
You only want 5 fish in a 125G?
I want more.But had I posted wth a larger amount I think the boards would go nuts!By the way the local FS had a nice pigmy angel today.They also had 2 small picassos.Would the picasso trigger get along with the previous list of fish?

unleashed

your list should be ok minus the huma.. these are very aggressive fish and in time will just make snacks out of the rest of your live stock

maryg

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/2933457
here is what I would add
yellow tang -yellow
fairy wrasse - red
pair of banggii - black and white
royal gramma -purple and orangish yellow
engineer goby or dimond goby black and whte or white and orange
pygmy angel - blue and yellow
TeresaQ
Great list.
I would scratch the yellow tank if it were me. They are bullies. I love Kole or Tomini tangs. As far as pygmy angels I would get the coral beauty.

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by MaryG
http:///forum/post/2943371
Great list.
I would scratch the yellow tank if it were me. They are bullies. I love Kole or Tomini tangs. As far as pygmy angels I would get the coral beauty.
+1 i would go with a Kole....A yellow gets pretty big for that size of a tank IMO. Plus a kole is just a cooler fish

deejeff442

cole would be a nice hardy tang.
love the flame angels and hawks
humas are nasty tempered.
my friend just lost a $500 black tang to a yellow tang ,beat it to death.

nel621

So o you think I can do more than?maybe with some of the smaller fish like the goby.Keep in mind I do want a shrimp or two.

deejeff442

125 is a nice size tank if you run a sump i dont see why you cant have 10-12 moderate size fish .i have a 150 gallon with 11 fish and 3 are pretty big.
i have a 45 gallon sump.it is about full .i am building a 220 gallon now but the 150 looks nice and the water stays perfect.